-15-

"Happy birthday Tyler!" I yelled at him as he walked towards me in the hall. I ran to him and threw my arms around him.

"Thanks but I'm not much of a hugger Sage" He squirmed but I squeezed him tighter.

"Today you are" I released him, worried I had annoyed him but he was smiling so I guessed I was okay.

"So, have you seen Josh today?" He asked, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No, why?" I asked, he smirked.

"No reason" he swayed, he had a cheeky grin on his face and I knew instantly that Josh had a told him everything.

"Tyler. Josh and I haven't established anything yet. I knew he would tell you but I need you not to tell anyone else" I begged.

"Except Jenna" he added, I sighed.

"Fine, it's your birthday I'm not going to fight you on it" I gave up, he grinned and nodded.

"Don't worry Sage, I approve of you and that's the highest honour you can have" he smiled.

"Thank you Tyler" I laughed.

"Go and see Josh, I think he's having withdrawal symptoms" he joked, I nodded as he got in the elevator.

I blushed furiously as I walked along the hall towards Josh's room. I knocked and waited, my heart raced at the anticipation of seeing him. The door swung open to reveal a shirtless Josh who looked as if he had just woken up.

"Morning" I smiled, he reached forwards and pulled me into the room. He shut the door behind me before throwing his arms around me.

"You smell good in the morning" he mumbled into my shoulder. I giggled as I hugged him tightly, he pulled out of the hug and cupped my face.

"It's midday, have you just woken up?" I asked, he nodded which made me laugh.

"I want to go back to bed" he moaned.

"It's Tyler's birthday though" I said, he nodded.

"I spent the morning with him, gave him his gift card and now he's gone for lunch with Jenna where he is going to be surprised with his mom and dad." He explained.

"That's so sweet!" I beamed. "He is going to love that" Josh nodded in agreement.

"We are meeting them in Central Park later" he tucked my hair behind my ears and smiled.

"I've never been" I informed him, he gasped in shock.

"It's beautiful, I will show you the best spots" he winked. 

"Are you excited for tonight?" I asked, he nodded excitedly.

"Night two at Madison square garden, they are spoiling me" he joked as he stroked my cheek.

"You need to get dressed" I tapped his shirtless chest. He pulled me closer to him and kissed me lightly but I pushed him away giggling. "Get dressed!" I yelled, he groaned before walking towards the bathroom to shower.

I chilled on my phone while he showered, I texted my mom and dad to tell them I missed them. Since Josh told me he was so close with his family it made me think that maybe I should see mine more often. I texted my mom telling her I'm in New York and I will call her later on so we can catch up.

Josh exited the bathroom with some jeans on, I could see the water still on him as he dripped. I grabbed the towel he had wrapped around his head for a joke and raised my eyebrows at him.

"You are soaking wet Josh" I let him know, he laughed as if it wasn't a big deal he was dripping. I wiped the towel over his body without thinking, he just grinned down at me.

"You're drying me" he laughed, I walked into the bathroom and hung the wet towel up.

When I came out of the bathroom Josh was dressed and had a hat on. He placed a hand on my chin and lifted my head slightly, I smiled up at him before he leaned down to kiss me. I lifted my arms up and wrapped them around his neck, he moved his hands to my back and pulled me closer. We broke suddenly as someone knocked on the door, Josh accidentally bit my lip as we pulled away from each other.

"Oh I'm sorry" He bursted as I put my hand up to my mouth. I giggled to let him know I was okay, he quickly put a shirt on before opening the door. Brendon stormed in like a goof but then he saw me and stopped.

"Sage?" He asked, he looked back at Josh then at me.

"Hey" I said quietly, I was slightly embarrassed. Brendon looked as awkward as Josh as we all just stood there.

"Did you spend the night here?" He asked, I raised my eyebrows.

"No!" I bursted as if it were absurd, Josh moved his sight to the floor.

"So...why are you here?" He asked.

"I was talking to Josh" I said as if it was obvious.

"Okay...we are going to Central Park in about a half hour so meet us in the lobby" he said, he turned to Josh and looked at him, Josh gave him a small smile before Brendon whispered something to him that I couldn't hear and exited the room.

"What did he say to you?" I asked, Josh walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist to hug me.

"Well done" he quoted Brendons words. I smiled knowing that Brendon knew about Josh and I.

"Well done indeed" I smiled, he smiled back before kissing me lightly.

I kissed back harder and almost fell into him, he kept me standing by placing a hand on my back. I ran my hand under his shirt and felt him tense so I could feel his abs. He kissed from my cheek down to my neck causing me to gasp in pleasure, I felt him smile against my skin as he moved back to my lips. I stumbled backwards, feeling weak at the knees but Josh moved with me, as I felt the back of my legs hit the bed I fell down. Josh crawled on top of me, smiling madly, he leaned down to kiss me again but I turned my head so he kissed my neck instead. He sucked softly on my neck while I just laid in amounts of pleasure. It wasn't until it was too late what I realised what he was doing.

"Josh!" I bursted, he looked worried as he leapt off me.

"What? What? Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" He asked in a frenzy. I pushed past him and into the bathroom, he followed me quickly. I stared at my neck in the mirror which now had a purple mark on it. Josh noticed what I was looking at and snorted slightly. I hit him in the chest and he stopped.

"I have to go and get a sweater" I said in a huff, he kissed my cheek and pouted.

"Sorry" he apologised.

"Next time don't do it when we are about to go out with my brother" I accepted.

"Next time?" He wiggled his eyebrows, I rolled my eyes and left his room.

When I got back up to my room Lillie was ready to leave.

"Where have you been?" She asked, she instantly noticed the mark on my neck and grinned.

"I need a turtle neck" I ignored her smile.

"Damn you're going to need more then a turtle neck" she joked, I rolled my eyes before searching through my luggage. I found a suitable jumped and threw it over my top.

"Let's go" I said but she stopped me.

"So it's official?" She asked, I just grinned.

"I don't know" I said honestly.

"Well I know you two have a connection and the hickey on your neck says you both are good a kissing so it's only a matter of time" She summarised. I frowned as a wave of doubt hit me, she noticed immediately mirrored my expression.

"What if he runs from me Lil?" I asked, she shook her head.

"He's not that guy" she shut down.

"Jacob didn't seem like that guy" i worried.

"Josh isn't that guy Sage I know it" she said so seriously. I nodded but the doubt was now planted and would continue to grow. The hurt I had experienced before was not as hidden as I had hoped.