-30-

"Sage, Sage, Sage, wake up, come on Sage" I hear Brendon's voice in my ear, I wake up in a panic.

"What, what's wrong? What's happened?" I sit up, i hit heads with Brendon who is in a frenzy.

"We have to go now" he grabbed me, I was wearing Josh's shirt and underwear. I was not ready to go out.

"Why what's happening?" I asked, so confused. Brendon grabbed my suitcase that was packed for France and wheeled it out of my room.

"Brendon we aren't going to Paris until this evening" I pointed out, he made sure I had everything before turning to me.

"Now before I tell you, everything is going to be fine. Remember that" he grabbed my shoulders, I started to panic. "Got it?" He asked, I nodded quickly.

"Got it" I repeated him.

"Dad had a heart attack, he's in hospital and I don't know whether he is going to be ok. I've got us two tickets to Vegas and we have to leave now" I felt a faint as he spoke but I knew I had to be strong so I could actually get there. I tried to move but i was frozen to my spot. "Sage?" He tried to catch my attention. I snapped out of it and nodded.

"Let's go" I whispered, I ran back to my room and pulled on some leggings. I grabbed my phone and sprinted back to Brendon who was holding the door open.

When we got on the plane it all hit me at once, I grabbed Brendon's hand and cried into his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and let me sob quietly into him.

"I can't lose him, not now" I whispered.

"I know, I know" He soothed.

When we landed my phone erupted with texts from Josh asking where I was and why I wasn't there when he turned up in the morning. I waited until Brendon was arranging an uber to call him backs

"Sage? Are you okay?" He called into the phone.

"I'm okay" I breathed into the phone. His voice calmed me down slightly.

"Where are you?" He asked, I took a deep breath.

"Vegas" I answered, there was a pause on the other end.

"What?" He asked, he obviously didn't understand but I didn't expect him to.

"My Dad had...he had a heart attack. Brendon and I are in Vegas, making sure he's okay" I whimpered. I couldn't bare to say the words.

"Oh my god babe I'm so sorry, what can I do?" He asked, I gave a small smile but shook my head. Brendon waved to me signalling he had a car so I started to walk over to him.

"Just be contactable please, that's all I ask" I asked him.

"Of course, call me okay. Keep me updated" he said, I got into the car with Brendon.

"Okay I love you" I told him.

"I love you too baby, call me" he replied. I hung up and took a deep breath.

"Love huh?" Brendon smiled, I nodded but was too tired to start a conversation about it.

When we arrived at the hospital we wheeled out way up to Dad. As soon as I saw my mom walking up the hall I sprinted towards her. I collapsed into a hug with her and i felt her cry into me.

"What happened? Is he okay?" I asked her as I pulled out the hug. She wiped away her tears.

"It's been a long day but he's stable" I let out a sigh of relief and took a seat.

"Hey mom" Brendon greeted as he pulled her into a huge hug. I texted Josh that he was stable and took a few deep breathes to keep calm and prevent having a panic attack. Brendon went to find a doctor to ask what was going on while I sat with my mom. I desperately wanted to see my dad but I knew I shouldn't be to pushy with everyone.

"Have you eaten?" I asked her, she shook her head.

"I've been so worried Sage. One minute he was fine and the next he wasn't. I'm not even sure what day it is" she cried, there is nothing worse than seeing your mom cry. She has always been  so tough my whole life which unfortunately didn't rub off on me. I hugged her tightly before Brendon came back with a doctor.

"Okay, Mr Urie is stable but not he hit his head pretty hard from the fall so we need to keep an eye out for any unusual brain patterns. He should be home by next week though if everything goes right. Mrs Urie can I please speak with you alone for a minute?" The doctor said very professionally. My mom got up and walked over with him.

"I have to make some calls for tour but I'll be back in a minute" Brendon rushed off to call Zack presumably. Would Brendon go back on tour? Would I have to go back on tour? Do I have to leave my mom here alone with her unconscious husband?

I stared at the door, knowing my dad was on the other side. I got up slowly and walked over to it, I turned the hand and pushed it open slightly. There he was, laying unconscious in a hospital bed. I held my hand up to my mouth in shock and shut the door again. I ran out side of the hospital and dialled Josh's number.

"Hey, hows it going?" Josh answered instantly.

"He's just laying there Josh, he's unconscious and he's just there. He doesn't even look like my dad anymore" I cried down the phone.

"Baby I'm so sorry this is happening. I wish I could be there with you. What did the doctors say?" He comforted.

"That he hit his head hard as he fell, they need to monitor him but he's stable and should be home by next week. They didn't say anything about his heart but then he took my mom to one side" I worried.

"Sage, he is going to be okay." He assured me.

"Josh I think I want to stay with him, at least until he's out of hospital. My moms going to need help emotionally and physically" I confessed. He sighed and I could practically hear him thinking.

"If that's what you feel you have to do" he said supportingly.

"I'm sorry" I knew that meant time away from him but right now I needed to be with my mom.

"No babe, don't apologise. Call me when you can Okay? I love you" he brought the conversation to an end.

"I love you" I replied and hung up.

"There you are!" Brendon beamed as I walked back into the hospital. "We're flying to France tomorrow for the show instead of today. Is that okay?" He asked, I shook my head which made him frown.

"I can't leave mom here all alone with Dad. I know we came to see if he is okay which he will be but she is going to need help. I can give her that. I can't go back on tour just yet Brendon" I explained, it took a while for him to process it but he eventually nodded. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my head.

"I'm so proud of you baby sis" he said, I smiled into his chest. "Does Josh know?" He asked, I nodded.

"I just called him, it's going to be hard without him but I need to be here for mom" I expressed.

"Okay, I'm going to take our stuff and mom home so she can shower, change, maybe nap. Can you stay here just in case anything happens?" He asked, I nodded.

"Will do" I smiled.

"Like I said, very proud" he grinned before walking off to find mom.

—————————————-
I know this story is very up down but I'm trying to make it interesting. Let me know what you want to see in the story and if you have any ideas.