-8-

Josh's POV-

"I thought we told each other everything" Tyler walked in all pouty as I shoved my suitcase into the corner.

"What? Of course we do" I walked towards him as he sat on the bed.

"So why didn't you tell me you liked Sage?" He asked, I pretended to be shocked but we both knew it was true.

"Pft what?" I spat and made inhuman noises.

"Josh" Tyler warned, I sat next to him and sighed.

"She's been through some stuff man, I mean I know I have to but she's been through some real stuff" I emphasised.

"Okay well if you care about her you will help her with her stuff" he advised.

"I would love nothing more but what if she doesn't want me to?"

"Then she has no choice"

"What about Brendon?" He raised an eyebrow at my sudden change in topic.

"What about him?" He asked, I took in a deep breathe and shook my head.

"Sage is his sister, I am his friend" I informed.

"You are just stating facts here Jish" I smiled at his nickname for me.

"I mean what if Brendon doesn't want me to like her, what if he forbids me to date her?" I panicked.

"Okay one: Brendon would never do that because he knows you and what you are like, two: Sage has a mind of her own and can choose whether she wants to date you herself and three: why don't you just go and ask him for permission to court her since you've become all traditional" He sassed.

"Helpful Ty, real helpful" I rolled my eyes but he shook his head.

"I'm serious just go and ask him" I thought about it for a moment before deciding that Tyler was right, he usually is.

I walked out of the hotel towards the parking lot where the buses were. I climbed onto the bus where Brendon was collecting all his things.

"Hey Bren, you alone?" I asked but it sounded very creepy. He stared at me before bursting into laughter.

"Why are you gonna murder me?" He laughed.

"No just wanted to chat" I said casually which made him put his stuff down and walk over to me.

"What's up" He said happily.

"Well I just wanted to ask you a question" I said nervously. I watched as Brendon squinted his eyes in confusion then as if a light bulb had switched on in his head, he nodded.

"About dating my sister" he nodded understandingly.

"It sounds a lot more messed up out loud" I rubbed my forehead to try and knock out all the nerves.

"Dude relax you don't need to ask me about these kinds of things. She's twenty five your twenty seven, you are adults just do what you please" he waved his hands as if he didn't care.

"Yeah but we are friends, and she's your sister"

"And Sarah's my wife and Penny's my dog. Your point?" He sounded like Tyler.

"Wouldn't it be weird?"

"Only if you make it weird" he laughed before picking up his bag again.

"I think I'm freaking out a bit" I rubbed my head ferociously.

"Dude calm down. From what I can see the feeling is mutual so don't fuck it up and you'll be good" he laughed at my nerves before walking off the bus. I took a few deep breathes before turning around towards the door, facing me was Sage.

"Hey Josh" she smiled, my nerves melted as she flashed her teeth at me.

"Hey" I said calmly.

"You alright? You seem a bit nervous" she touched my arm in reassurance sending shivers over my body.

"Just the show" I lied, she nodded.

"Zack says your sound check is starting at three so your car is going to be here at two thirty" she said cheerfully. I grabbed her arm and looked at the watch, it was two.

"Okay thanks, I have to go and shower quickly. Are you coming to sound check?" I asked in hope she would come.

"I'm not really needed" she shrugged, i pouted to show I was sad.

"Please come, Jenna always sits and watches so why can't you?" I sounded slightly desperate but i was slightly.

"Jenna's Tyler's wife, I'm the sibling of the other band" she laughed.

"You are also our friend" I pointed out, she stared at me, her eyes full of happiness and something else before she nodded.

"Okay I will go, I will meet you by the car" she smiled. I ran off the bus towards the hotel, I was excited to see her while I played my drums. I promised myself I would play extra hard for her.

When we arrived at the venue, Jenna and Sage were chatting away. At least we know they get on so anything that happens between Sage and I, at least I know Jenna approves. We all walked into the venue, Tyler and I walked straight onto the stage and looked out at the empty venue.

"Damn" he whispered, I nodded in agreement.

"Damn indeed" I agreed. Tyler walked to the side of the stage to talk to someone while I stayed to look at the view. Sage and Jenna entered the arena and took a seat, I watched them as they chatted and laughed. I made eye contact with Sage and waved quickly at her, she waved back then went back to talking.

"Josh, drum" Tyler yelled from across the stage. I sat down on my specially made spring seat and started drumming like no tomorrow. I looked up to see Jenna and Sage dancing which made me laugh. I hit my drums extra hard until the sound guy told me I was done.

We sorted out all of the professional stuff until we sounded how we wanted. I just sat at my drum kit on my phone until they were done.

"Hey" Sages voice boomed in my ear, I jumped slightly before laughing.

"Hey, how'd you get up here?" I asked, she looked as if she had done something wrong and was being cheeky about it.

"I snuck in but I figured if I'm with you they will let me" She shrugged.

"Do you want to have a go at my drums?" I asked, her eyes widened as she nodded vigorously.

I stood up and handed her my sticks, she sat on the bouncy stool and giggled when she found the springs. She started hitting the drums randomly, I couldn't help but laugh at how bad she was. I got out my phone and started to record her, she was laughing and hitting the drums with such little force until she looked at me and saw me filming. She stopped drumming and pouted.

"Josh!" She moaned as she lunged for the phone. I held it up high and she tried to reach it by jumping.

"Ah ah" I shook my head at her before pointing to my cheek. I was asking for a lot but I couldn't help it, she raised her eyebrows before rolling her eyes. Nice to know she is excited to kiss me. She reached up and kissed my cheek quickly before grabbing the phone out of my hand. I watched as she deleted the video and gave it back to me, what an amateur she didn't even delete it from recently deleted.