-17-

"Thank you for coming to meet my family" Josh said as we stood at my departure gate. My flight left in half an hour so I was saying my goodbyes to Josh.

"I really enjoyed it, you get to meet mine next" I winked, he smiled before pulling me into a hug.

"This is going to be the longest we've been away from each other" he said dramatically, I giggled and kissed his chest.

"Call me okay?" I asked, he nodded quickly.

"Promise" he agreed, he placed his hands on my cheeks and I closed my eyes. I loved when he did that. He kissed me softly before I wrapped my arms around his torso, he bit my lip softly before my gate got called for departure.

"Okay I have to go" I said barely pulling out of the kiss. He kissed all over my face before moving backwards.

"'Merry Christmas Eve Eve" he said, I kissed him quickly.

"Merry Christmas Eve Eve" I repeated.

"Okay have fun, tell them nice things about me and call me" he listed, I laughed before kissing him one more time.

"Last one, I promise" I whispered before turning around to board my flight. I turned around to look at him as he blew me a kiss to wave me off. I was going to miss him.

————————

When I arrived in Vegas, it smelled like home. I got a taxi to my parents house and my body rushed with nerves, I hadn't told them I was going to be home for Christmas, what if they didn't want me there? I got my phone out to text Josh to see that he had already texted me.

'Hope you landed safely, they are going to be so happy when you arrive :) xxx'

"Ma'am we are here" my taxi driver announced, I looked out the window to see my childhood home.

I paid the man and stepped out of the taxi, I retrieved my suitcase and just stood at the bottom of the drive for a while. I managed to pluck up the courage to walk up the pathway and up the steps to the door. I set my suitcase down before taking in a deep breathe, I knocked three times before standing frozen in my place. A small woman opened the door, my mom. I gave her a small smile as she stared at me.

"Surprise" I mumbled, a huge smile grew on her face before she attacked me in a hug.

"My baby" she whispered while stroking my hair, I giggled into her as I hugged her tightly.

"Hey mom" I said as she pulled out of the hug.

"Boyd! Look who's here!" She yelled to my dad. I moved forwards into the house to let her close the door and awaited my father. He stomped down the stairs and as he saw me he stopped.

"Sage?" He asked, I nodded. He continued to walk down the stairs and pull me into a hug. He smelled like whiskey and tea.

My dad had to finish something he was working on so me and my mom stood around the kitchen island and caught up.

"How are you hun?" She asked, i nodded.

"I'm actually doing really well" I smiled which made her smile.

"And why's that?" She grinned, I took a sip of my coffee.

"Brendon, the genius, invited me to be part of the hair and beauty team on his tour. I've just been much happier because of it" I smiled.

"Just the tour?" She asked as if she was surprised.

"What did Brendon tell you?" I asked, she shook her head while she sipped her tea.

"So there isn't a certain someone in your life?" She asked obviously knowing already.

"Actually yes, I have a boyfriend" I told her, I tingled as I said it. She raised her eyebrows.

"A boyfriend? Brendon just said someone had taken an interest in you" she confessed, I smiled.

"He's great mom" I blushed, she rolled her eyes while smiling.

"So when do we get to meet him?" She asked.

"I don't know but I know that I want you too" I told her, she nodded.

"That's good, I hope he likes us" she worried. I knew she had genuine fear that if Josh didn't like them then she would never see me again.

"Don't worry mom, I'm not as stupid as i was back then. Josh inspired me to come and see you, family is so important to him and I realised it should be more important to me" I assured her, she just put her cup down and hugged me tightly.

"He sounds amazing" she said to me. I felt like I was going to cry. I had my family back. "Does he treat you right?" She asked with one hand on my cheek.

"So far so good" I put two thumbs up. She raised her eyebrows before sighing.

"Be sure this time Sage" she advised, I nodded. "And if it doesn't work out, we always have a room" she smiled, I hugged her before my dad walked in.

"Hey Dad" I called to him, "What were you working on?" I asked.

"I had to finish something for work. Sage, I hate to break this to you but I don't think we got you a present this year" he confessed. As if I didn't already feel guilty enough my own parents didn't think they would see me so they didn't get me a present.

"That's okay, I wouldn't expect you to anyway. I'm twenty five, I don't need anything" I smiled as if I didn't feel awful.

"How long are you staying honey?" My mom asked.

"Well, work starts again on the sixth of January, we are meeting in LA to do one show and then we are off to Europe" I said excitedly.

"Wow, both of my children jet setting across the world" my mom laughed.

"I was hoping to stay until the third then fly over to LA?" I asked, they both nodded their heads.

"Stay as long as you want, we are just glad to have you" my dad smiled before exciting the room.

"So, What's Josh like?" My mom asked, I giggled.

"He is an amazing drummer, one of the best I have ever seen and-" my phone started ringing, I pulled it out of my pocket to see Josh's name flash on my screen "-and he is calling me right now" I laughed.

"Take it, I'll be here when you get back" she winked. I stepped outside onto my back porch to take the call.

"I've only been here a few hours Josh" I laughed down the phone.

"Yes but I am three hours ahead of you which means you have been there for longer for me" He protested.

"How's home?" I asked.

"I love my siblings but heck are they annoying" He laughed, I missed his laugh. "How's your home?" He asked.

"Amazing. Although I feel slightly guilty every five minutes for not having been here for five years" I confessed.

"You can't change that, just make up for it." He advised.

"My mom already likes you" I giggled.

"Good, hopefully that'll set me up for a good first impression. What about your dad?" He asked.

"He's being quite distant, disappearing every ten minutes and not really having a proper conversation with me" I sat on my porch steps and looked at my Vegas garden.

"He's probably just not used to you being there, he will be fine tomorrow I bet you" he encouraged.

"I should be getting back, my mom and I are catching up" I drew the conversation to an end.

"Okay I will see you in two weeks" he farewelled.

"See you in two weeks" I replied.

"I miss you" he said quietly, I let out a sigh of relief.

"I miss you too" I grinned before hanging up.

I stared out at the garden that I grew up in and he only thing I could think about was how I wanted to show all of it to Josh.