-44-

I managed to pulled myself together for Brendon and Sarah's barbecue. I walked up to their house and heard music blaring from the garden, this is what I missed. I walked through the garden gate and a wave of music blared out at me. I couldn't help but smile, for real this time. Sarah saw me and ran up to me, attacking me in a hug.

"You look beautiful" she complimented.

"I've missed this" I replied as I looked around. There were people everywhere, I even saw Pete Wentz with his girlfriend and kids. There were inflatables in the pool and Brendon was talking to people by the barbecue. I felt comfortable and at home. I even saw my parents talking to Sarah's parent my the pool.

"I'll get you a drink, champagne?" She asked, I nodded and she ran to get me a glass. I walked up to the barbecue as Brendon's friends walked away from it.

"Hey brother" I greeted, he put down his tools and hugged me tightly.

"You good?" He asked as went back to the food.

"I'm great actually. I feel...much better." I said honestly.

"Good. Go say hi to mom and dad they've been expecting you" he nudged me. I turned around to see Sarah holding a glass of champagne, I thanked her and took it before making my way to my parents.

"Mom" I said behind her, she spun around and smiled widely. She hugged me tightly before giving me a sad smile.

"How are you darling?" She asked, I looked away from her assuming she knew.

"You know" I sighed, she cocked her head slightly.

"Brendon told me not to say anything but I'm your mother and this is what I'm here for. So what happened?" She asked, I downed my champagne and she smiled slightly.

"I'd rather not talk about it for now, I've just started to leave my house this week" I confessed.

"Okay. He'll come back though" she said nonchalantly, my eyes widened before my mouth dropped in shock.

"Mom!" I bursted.

"Oh relax, he's right for you. Neither of you have realised it yet, don't worry honey, enjoy your youth" She patted my back before walking away. Sarah came up to me and tried to smile at me.

"You alright?" She asked.

"Champagne?" I choked, she pointed at the kitchen and I made my way towards the house. I entered the kitchen and grabbed the bottle of champagne, I poured myself a glass but then felt the bottle be pulled out of my hand. I looked up to see Pete.

"It's only two in the afternoon Sage" he joked, I watched him push the bottle across the counter away from me as I sipped my drink.

"How are you Pete?" I asked, he smiled and looked towards his kids.

"I'm great, loving life you know." He grinned, he always seemed so happy. "How are you, I heard about uh...you know" I laughed awkwardly.

"Getting through it as well as I can. It helps he's across the country" he laughed as well as he could. "So are you and Fall Out Boy coming back anytime soon?" I diverted the conversation.

"Writing a new album for end of next year hopefully" he smiled.

"Oh wow that's great" I beamed for him. Just as he went to say something his eldest son ran up to him and hit his arm.

"Dad can we go in the pool?" He asked, Pete looked down at him with so much love before nodding.

"You'll have to ask Brendon dude" he ruffled his hair and pushed him away before turning back slightly.