-16-

"So...this is our last week until Christmas break" Brendon stated as he entered the back of the bus where I was sitting alone.

"Yeah, I guess" I accepted as he sat next to me.

"What are you going to do for Christmas?" He asked. For the last five years I have not been home for Christmas, the first four because Jacob didn't like my dad and his 'ways' and the final year because I didn't feel like celebrating anything after only having been dumped for a few months.

"I might go home to Vegas, you know surprise the family." I replied, Brendon raised his eyebrows in surprise but then nodded.

"Sounds good" he agreed.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"Sarah's parents are flying out to spend Christmas with us in LA, you are welcome to join" he offered.

"I think I should go and see mom and dad" a wave of guilt that I let Jacob control my need for my mom rushed over me.

"That's a good idea Sage, I know mom misses you a lot" he reassured me, there was silence between us for a moment before Brendon sat up to face me. "Is it because Jacob isn't here?" He asked.

"Partly, It's also because of Josh" I confessed, Brendon smiled.

"Josh?" He asked.

"He has told me how much he loves his family and can't wait to see and spend time with them again. He talks to them almost every day and visits them so frequently. I let my boyfriend stop me from seeing my family, I need to makeup for what I missed and respect them as much as Josh respects his family" I explained, Brendon's smile only grew as he pulled me into a hug.

"Then I think we all need to thank Josh" he whispered.

As we arrived in our final destination before we all parted ways for Christmas, Ohio. This was Josh and Tyler's home town so they were so excited to be home. I went to find Josh as soon as I got off my bus but he was already waiting, stood outside.

"Are you excited to see you family?" I asked him, he grinned wildly.

"So much" he replied, seeing him excited made me excited and I had nothing to be excited for.

"So when are you going to see them?" I asked.

"Well me, Ty and Jenna are actually about to get a car and go straight there. They are going to come to the show as well" he explained, I nodded.

"Shouldn't you be going then?" I asked him, I started to look around for the others.

"Well actually I came to ask you if you wanted to come with me?" He asked, I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. He took my hand and held it in between his, he started to trace circles on my skin while waiting for my answer.

"Why?" I asked, he chuckled.

"Well embarrassingly, I've told my mom about you and she wants to meet you" he laughed nervously.

"You want me to meet your family?" I asked, suddenly becoming nervous. We weren't even officially together yet, how could I meet his family, I panicked. I turned my eyes away from him so I didn't show my nerves.

"As my girlfriend" he added, my eyes darted back to him.

"Your girlfriend?" I repeated, he nodded.

"I really like you Sage, everyone knows it because I'm so damn bad at hiding my feelings for anyone. I want to introduce you to my family as my girlfriend" he concluded, I stayed silent for a moment. "You can say no" he added, his confidence was obviously dropping every moment that I was silent.