Prologue

A/N: Song "Dear No One" by Tori Kelly. 

The edited version of this book is being updated under the name "That's Inappropriate, Mr. King."

Anna  

The night had slipped away. How long had it been since the last time I felt like this? Have I ever felt this way before? This is a new beginning, right? Why did it feel more like the end? The end of everything I was used to and the end of everything I had hoped for. So many events had led to this point in my life and I was honestly terrified of what is yet to come.

When the alert was given, I could not help but smile. This was what I had been waiting for. I ran toward the door. However, we are not at this point in the story just yet. Our story began some time ago.

As most stories, mine started with a change and what a change it was.

4:30 AM... I opened my eyes to the hideous sound that dared wake me up so early. Just kidding. The alarm was in radio mode. The song was pretty cool. Great, now I am going to end up hating all popular music thanks to this brilliant idea.

I stretched on my bed not bothering stand up or turning off the alarm. Whatever I had to do could not be more important than my beauty sleep. Alex burst through my bedroom's door looking annoyed. "Anna! Your radio has been blasting rock for almost an hour now!"

"Sorry, I swear it was pop when I set the station yesterday." I threw him a pillow.

"Very mature. That is not the point! You have a plane to catch in... 2 hours." He sounded alarmed but I was too sleepy to care.

"Do I really have to go? Can't I just stay with you forever? I love your cooking." I pulled the sheet over my face.

"Two words little sister, your mate."

I immediately sprung out of my bed. My mate! Just the thought of him or her made a silly smile appear on my face. I will find you my dear mate and when I do it, I will love you, and treasure you and steal your food and your hoodies. I laughed at my own ramble.

I got in the shower and shivering as the cold water stung my skin. It had been over a year since I started looking for my mate. I should have started since I was eighteen, but I had much growing to do, I still had.

Usually coming to age parties were held when a female wolf turns eighteen and all unmated wolves were invited. The female was introduced to society and hopefully, she could find her mate among the attendants. If this did not happen, after her own party, she was able to attend other parties in hopes of finding her mate.

I had never attended a coming of age party... I lost my parents when I was a baby. Even though they were not in the best financial situation, my human parents took me in and loved me as their own child. Gosh, I missed them so much.

I walked out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I took my toothbrush from the vanity and put some toothpaste on it. My mind was clouded with thoughts. My life was about to change. It was just as that day when I shifted for the first time. Hopefully, it won't be as traumatic.

I grew up without the knowledge that werewolves existed. I had run away from home in fear of hurting my human family when I was ten years old. I foolishly had run and run until I'd been deep into rogue territory.