Chapter 45: Aconitum

A/N: Her younger mate is number 14 in Werewolf! I am ecstatic. Thank you all. *cries of happiness*

Warning. Explicit language ahead. When Anna is pissed off, she gives away "cute" nicknames.

I stared horrified at the small screen in front of me. A video-call showed my poor innocent child, chained, a knife pressed against the side of his neck. He looked almost lifeless, with his head hanging low. When the guy standing behind him, which will be known as the bastard from now on, made him raise his head and face the camera, his eyes shot wide open.

"Do not come," he said. His voice was raspy as if he had not drunk water in a long time.

The bastard punched my baby in the stomach and I flinched. I was ready to jump on the guy in front of me. Larentia was fighting for control. She recognizes Aiden's wolf as her pup.

The coward in front of me clicked his tongue. "Do anything to me and your weak pup will die."

My pup is not weak! The sound of coughing coming from the phone caught my attention. Aiden was spitting blood. He looked in so much pain. I dug my nails into my palms and held my tears back. I had to stifle a sob.

My son looked at the camera again. "Don't-" The guy punched him in the jaw. "Don't come. Run away!" Aiden yelled. The guy began kicking him. Aiden was not reacting to the pain. He did not even grunt. Just like we were trained.

I covered my mouth with both of my hands and sniffled. "Stop this. I will go." Before I could say anything else, the sensation of being stung on my neck made me grimace and hiss in pain. The liquid burned my veins and I felt my knees buckle but I managed to keep my balance. My wolf's growls faded away and my body felt heavier. My eyesight, hearing, and sense of smell worsened.

Aiden looked at the camera again and began yelling. "Mom, no-"

The coward turned the sound off and laughed. He was holding an empty syringe in one hand.

I narrowed my eyes at him. My hands were covering the neck."What did you do to me!"

He grinned and spoke cynically. "Just a little-diluted wolfsbane to make sure you do not pull any stunt on us. Don't worry, you will get your wolf back, but at the moment you are just like a weak little human."

The tone he was using with me pissed me off. It was as if he was enjoying this, getting off on feeling above others. He needs to be put in place. I glanced at the phone in his hand. It still showed a chained Aiden, but the beating had stopped. The sound was still off.

"Put the sound back on, please," I said in a severe tone but unable to use my Alpha voice.

The coward hesitated but put the sound back on. If Alexander is there, he will have some patience with me. "Xander. I am going to your pack. I just need to do this. If you love me, do not hurt my pup now, please," I said loudly.

A soft "Mmm hmm," was heard at the other side of the line. So he was actually there. Fucking trashy wimp.

I punched the coward on the nose. A satisfying crack made my insides stir with joy. He kept the grip on the phone in his hand as if it was made for pure gold. I twisted his other arm and made him crouch to knee him in the stomach.

I kept beating him until Alexander talked. "That is enough, love," he said. His voice was soft but commanding. The nerve of this asshole.

"He was mistreating me," I said.

"Nobody but me should put a hand on you." Alexander's voice was cold and sharp. The coward flinched and I could tell some not very nice things were in for him.