Chapter 93: Fight

A/N: Song "In the Dark," by Camila Cabello.

Anna

One: I ignore him and try to fall asleep with him by my side – Not very likely to work. Two: I confront him about how he is oppressing his pack – I would for sure get Chloe in trouble. Three: I try to talk to him and get him to open up to me– That-

"Anna are you okay? You have been staring at the wall for a while now? Are you sure you want to sleep with clothes for working out?" Caleb lied down next to me on his bed pushing away the blue blanket.

I was sitting on his bed with my legs crossed. I looked around. His room was as immaculate as always.  I sighed and looked at my clothes: an oversized t-shirt and leggings. They weren't really working out clothes. "Yes. If I don't I will lose the habit. I need to always be ready to fight."

"That is actually a good idea. I'll keep it in mind." He scooted closer and wrapped an arm around my waist.

Yes, you should. Why isn't it surprising that he sleeps in his underwear? My whole body was burning at the sight of the deliciousness in front of me. 

I guess I am talking to him. I lied down and nuzzled up against his chest inhaling his sweet scent. I glanced up at his face and he smiled gleefully. How can someone so lovely do those things? I pushed him so he was lying on his back and sat on his thighs straddling him. He smirked and placed his hands on my hips.

"Can we talk?" I used a soft tone and leaned down until my chest collided with his. I placed soft kisses on his neck.

"We can do anything you want..." He answered breathlessly.

I pulled away and looked into his eyes. "You are very different now."

His eyebrows furrowed. "Different, how?"

I'm sure he didn't expect me to say that. "You are colder and a little bit bitter."

"I'm not cold to you. I love you more than my own life or anything else." He sat up and hugged me, burying his face in the crook of my neck and sniffing me. "I can barely believe that you are finally in my arms. Please, don't leave ever again. I won't mess up."

He pulled away and gazed at me. It's true. He isn't cold to me, but he has grown to be an aloof and grumpy person in front of everyone else. He looked so fragile, as if his own sanity depended on my answer. Can I really stay? The rules... No, I'm not letting that influence my decision.

"I am yours." I rested my forehead against his.

He bit his lower lip and sighed sadly. "I know what you are doing now, but it is okay."

He knows? I don't want to lie to him, but I don't want him to know.

"Caleb –"

"Sorry if I'm not the kind of person you would like to have as a mate. I had to change for this pack to survive. I need to be a good Alpha if I want to be worthy of you." He shrugged, keeping eye contact.

"Worthy of me?"

"Look at you and everything you have done from such a young age – All your accomplishments. The way the pack was before, it wouldn't have lasted. Without a pack, I wouldn't be able to prove that the Moon Goddess didn't make a mistake with us."

Is he really doing it for me though? There is a fine line between devotion and obsession. Let's try something.

"I don't think it is okay the way you are treating the children. They should be able to play outside. The borders are being protected so there is no real dang–"