Chapter 42: Party Night

Caleb

Anna had insisted that we meet here because it would be 'more fun that way.' She said that she would find me, but I could not help but walk through the crowd looking for my girl. My search had been interrupted by a group of female pack members, though. I could not care less about whatever they were saying. They just kept talking and talking to me even though I have not said a word to them. 

Today is the "after-thanksgiving party," held the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year. All the unmated pack members gather outside in the woods around a huge campfire to talk and dance, but mostly to hook up, while the pack house is packed with older pack members. I chuckled quietly at how that sounded: 'packed pack house.' The snap of fingers in front of my face brought my attention back to the girl in front of me.

"Have you even listened to anything we said?" the girl-whose-name-I-still-not-bother-remembering said. Gosh, that is too long to even think about. "What is your name by the way?" I asked her.

The girls around her laughed mockingly. I can tell she is the Queen Bee in our school. She became popular for being one of the few girls I slept with more than once. I sure as hell did not do it because of her great personality.

Her eyebrows shot up in surprise and her nose flared up. She was clenching and unclenching her hands. It seems that the question offended her. "Babe, you are so funny. We have been together for almost two years now. How can you-"

I quickly interrupted her. I do not want any weird rumor to reach my beautiful mate's ears. "I was never with you. We only fucked a couple of times. I told you from the beginning that I did not want anything serious and I hate being called babe."

"My name is Lucielle. People call me Lucy." The girl, I mean Lucy was on the brink of tears now. "How can so be so heartless? I love you," she whispered.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I honestly wonder the same thing. Besides my family and friends, the only person I have ever cared about is Anna. I mean, I do care about these girls as I do with the rest of my pack members. However, personally, I have zero interest in them.

"I am sorry, but I am just not interested in you like that." I am not sorry, she fell in love all by herself knowing that I am not her mate. She is eighteen. 

The girl glared at me. She tried to slap me, but I caught her wrist and pushed her away, being careful of not making her fall. The pity looks she is getting are enough humiliation. 

She was wailing at this point. Her friends were hugging her and trying to get her to calm down. I will not say that I do not deserve this because I do, but it is getting embarrassing. I need to go to my precious mate.

"I was a virgin!" she yelled, drawing even more looks from fellow pack members. They had even turned the music off.

I facepalmed, cringing at this whole conversation. "No shame in not being it anymore," I said. "Anything else you want to tell me?"

She kept sobbing, probably trying to make me feel guilty or something. It only annoyed me. I tried to walk away but one of the girls hugging her called my name.

"You cold-hearted fuckboy! Do you even have feelings? I hope your mate rejects you!" she said. 

Oh, she did not. Now, I am pissed off. I laughed until tears spilled from my eyes. Then, I clapped at her. "The best friend has talked. What? Didn't you like to fuck your best friend's crush behind her back?" 

She gasped and covered her mouth with both hands. I smirked and tilted my head toward her. Lucy, who had been crying for attention up until now, finally shut up and stared at her friend, betrayal written all over her face. The other friend looked at me with puppy eyes and begged me through the mindlink to leave her out of this.