Chapter 2: Mall

A/N: The edited version of this book is being updated under the name "That's Inappropriate, Mr. King."

That book is completely in POV!

As soon as classes were over, Anna went straight to her apartment. She was laying on her bed and staring at the ceiling. The thought of that needed to plan the lesson for the following day, which she should have prepared along with the rest of the week's lessons probably a week ago, crossed her mind. She sighed. Some things never change.

Anna decided to go to the mall to buy perfume and maybe shoes. That would make me feel better. She was about to text Alexandra but decided against it. Shopping alone was what she did to relax.

She put on some casual clothes, white shorts with a light blue top. The weather was rather warm and sunny that day. She slipped her sunglasses on and concluded that she was ready for relax shopping.

The mall was larger than Anna expected. She visited nearly every store before hunger got the best of her. She was now ready to meet the food court.

Anna put her bags in a table near the fried chicken restaurant where she could keep an eye on them and got in the line. She was listening to her favorite playlist, the stress of the first day vanished. This was just what I needed.

She put her food tray on the table and was about to sit when she felt a hand brush her behind. Ok? This is weird. Anna expected the hand to move away, but it did not. She was frozen... from rage.

The unknown guy quickly grabbed her hand and tried to drag her away from her table, but she resisted. Anna tried to reason with the guy because she did not want to get into trouble on her first week in town, but he reeked of alcohol and threatened her with a pocket knife.

Great, so much for staying out of trouble. I was finally relaxed and this dude had to come ruin my mood. Hell nah. She glared at him and he stiffened.

"Hey, dude. Stay away from her," she heard someone say, but it was too late, the guy was already unconscious on the floor.

Anna had punched him in the face, and kicked him in the back of his head.

She poked his cheek and sure enough, he was a goner.

A few minutes before the incident, Caleb had been standing in line to get fried chicken with Samuel and two human girls they met that day. He usually did not go for human girls but he considered that those ones were 'too willing to waste'.

While he talked to the bottle blonde named Sally or Molly, something or more specifically someone else caught his attention.

At the front of the line, there was a girl that he found enchanting. Caleb could only see her profile and she wore sunglasses but she was gorgeous.

He saw her take her order and walk to a nearby table and he almost approached her. However, the blond latched to his shoulder and called his name with a voice that he believed to be too high pitched and annoying.

"Caleb! You are not listening!" She pouted.

"Of course I am. It is just that the smell of fried chicken is making me hungrier, sorry."

By the time his eyes found the beautiful brunette again, some other guy was holding her wrist.

Caleb could not say he was surprised. Someone like her would not be alone.

He decided to go back to talking to the girl beside him, but he heard something that immediately made him stiffen, "hey, let me go. I will not tell anyone but you need to leave me alone," the brunette said.