Chapter 35: Her

Caleb

My alarm went off at 4:00 AM as it has been doing so for the last couple of days. I threw a pillow above my head and decided to skip whatever I had to do so early. However, my eyes shot open as soon as I remembered the reason why I am waking up so early. 

I used to train with my father after school three times a week. However, since last Sunday I have been spending that time with Anna. My mother told my father the reason why I wanted to change our training hours. So, he invited me, or more like forced me, to join him in his regular training, which is from Monday to Friday. At least today is Friday. I met my father outside the house at 4:30 AM sharp.

At 6:00 AM we were back at the house. It might not take as much time, but training with him is intense. I could barely breathe. I went to my room and all I wanted to do was to go back to bed, but Matt would be here at 6:45 AM to go to the florist and then to Anna's apartment.  I stopped asking Samuel to take me to the florist because of the constant teasing.

I took a shower and got ready for school. I barely had time to eat anything before Matt was honking outside like a madman. I went out, greeted him and got into the car. He nodded and drove away from my house.

"Which flower are you getting her today?" he asked without looking at me.

"I had been trying to find primroses for a long time. The florist told me that he finally got them," I said without hiding my happiness. Primroses mean 'I cannot live without you.' I have been wanting to tell her that for a while now. 

Matt chuckled but it looked forced. He has been acting sarcastic and cold toward me for the last two weeks. I looked at him with a serious face.

"Is there a problem, Matt?"

"Nope. Everything is just right." Matt answered with a dismissive tone without meeting my eyes. He gripped the steering wheel until his knuckles were turning white.

"It does not look like it. If you got a problem with me, tell me."

Matt mumbled something that I could not catch and turned to me with a smile. 

"I just hope that you treasure her and make her happy. Do not hurt her, please," he whispered. 

I was about to tell him that I would never allow anyone or anything to hurt her when he pulled up into the florist's parking lot. I sighed and went to get the flowers. There is definitely something weird going on with him. 

I got the primroses. They are even prettier than I expected. Matt drove to her apartment. I heard his increasing heart rate as we got closer to my mate's apartment. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window while I opened and closed one hand to calm down. 

Oh, so that is the reason. I am just going to pretend I did not notice that. I could have said something, but I did not think it was necessary. At the end of the day, it is always her choice. My part here is to love her. She is the one who decides who she loves back. 

When we finally arrived, I got out of the car and I shook my head trying to shake the bad feelings off. Staying quiet is becoming increasingly difficult. Before her, I had never felt jealousy. Nonetheless, I know she cares about Matt and I never want to fight with her again. 

Her car was still there. I am glad that she is not an early bird. I left the flowers in the glass vase she put there about five days ago and placed the card beside it. 

My darling got used to getting flowers every day. I could not help but smile as I imagined her happy face when she reads the note. I went back to the car and Matt and I drove to school in an awkward silence. Perhaps, Samuel's teasing is not that bad.