Chapter 77: Help

A/N: Song "Eyes closed," by Halsey.

Anna

January 4, Silver Fang Pack Alpha House,

I strolled down to the door to greet Oliver. When my eyes met his warm gentle eyes, I sighed and smiled brightly. I was so glad the holidays were over. The pack had been gloomy the whole month of December, remembering the terrible incident which had taken so much from us – from some more than others.

Today, nevertheless, I was feeling positive. After all, for the last five days, I had been able to walk straight without stumbling, and I could even run a little bit without falling. Of course, I would never tell Oliver that I was racing against Mandy across the halls yesterday.

"You have been naughty. Haven't you?" His gruff voice pulled me out from my inner monologue and I stared at him like a deer in headlights. His eyes were slightly narrowed at me as if studying my facial expressions.

I tried to cover my nervousness with a wide smile. "I made some tea."

He smiled seemingly satisfied. Lately, I have noticed that it does not matter what I do or say, just the smallest act of kindness makes Oliver happy. He wrapped an arm around my lower back. "You should not be walking around just yet. Don't tire yourself from so early. Today is going to be an eventful day. I cannot believe you are doing that without even letting anyone be with you there to protect you."

I leaned against him and sighed deeply. For some reason as we spend more and more time together, my body and my wolf act different toward him. It is almost a pull, similar to the mate bond.

"What I need to ask him is personal, and I do not think I will ever get a chance like this again."

He groaned and tightened his grip on my hips slightly. "I know. You told me but still pisses me off. That guy hurt you and even tried to rape you."

"Yes, he did. But, he is the only one I can ask for answers now."

We got to the kitchen and I poured two cups of tea. I gave one to him and took the other one. He leaned against the counter as we took the first sips. Of course, he can sip without nobody giving him a talk about gases.

He finally looked at me. I felt scrutinized under his glare. He knows there is something off, but I am not giving up that information to anyone. "I thought you had let go of all of that."

"I did, but after learning about my parents I felt that I had to at least try." I gulped down my tea, not minding the slightly burning sensation as it flowed down my throat. I need to do this before I come to my senses.

***

The three males were looking at me with furrowed eyebrows as we stood in front of the dungeons. I shifted my weight, inwardly cursing Oliver for taking me there by car. I really wanted to walk, but more than anything I wanted to show myself to my pack members. I was getting sick of living as a ghost. Soon, I would get better and go back to get my mate. At least my pack should know I am okay.

A warm hand brushed against my arm leaving barely noticeable tingles on my skin. I also need to talk to someone soon, not because I do not know what is happening, but because it is freaking me out and making me confused.

"Are you nervous, Annita?" Oliver tried to smile at me but failed to hide the worry in his expression.

I looked at him. "For the millionth time, I am fine."

He brushed my hair and tucked some strands behind my ear. "I do not want to lose you again."

You don't have me now, I wanted to say. But, it has been a while since I have been able to use harsh words against him. It felt like kicking a puppy - a really hot puppy.