Chapter 51: Enough

A/N: Almost done with this Arc of the story. Finally. I hated it. You can skip it if you want to, but do not get surprised if things do not make sense later on.

Day 4, Thursday

I spent the whole day yesterday crying and refusing to eat. It is past noon now. I think that my eyes finally dried out. Mmm... Nope. There are still tears left. Gotta take care of that.

"Please, Anna. At least drink water. At this rate you will die," said Adam.

I kind of feel sorry for him. He has been sitting on that uncomfortable chair without sleeping for almost twelve hours now. He only took a two hours break last night in which Alexander replaced him as my babysitter, also known as the hours in which I screamed my lungs out and told the sadistic SOB how much I hate him. He gave me sedatives to knock me out. Coward. 

Besides the hunger, I am not in much pain now. Most of my wounds healed the night they did not inject me with wolfsbane. Sadly, they had begun giving me the shot again because otherwise, my wolf would recover.  

 Between all the sobbing and the feeling sorry for myself, I have been thinking a lot. It turns out that I still want to be happy. I will eat and get better and leave this place with Aiden. I still do not how, but I will do it. Then, I will find Caleb and everything will be alright. I need to explain to him what happened. 

"Anna. Are you listening?"

"Yes, I am." I sat on the bed and took the glass of water he was offering me. "Do you know what? I think that I am hungry," I said.

"Oh, you are?" He eyed me up as if I had said that I am a pink fairy. I wish I was, but I am just a boring werewolf.

"Yes. I am, but I do not want anything made by your disgusting Alpha." I decided to take a break from all the crying. I will have time for that later. 

"I will ask them to bring you something." I could tell he was mind linking someone. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Actually, I will go get you food," he said before leaving the room. 

As soon as he left the room, Abigail dashed through the door. "Anna..." she whispered. "How are you feeling? I brought you this." She reached into her pockets and pulled out some chocolates, a written note, and a silver knife. 

I took the knife and hid it under the mattress, being careful that it would not fall or make any noise. I read the note: Sorry. I am trying to get a gun with silver bullets but they are heavily guarded. Just for now, fight him with this if he touches you. Do not give up. I will get you the gun.

She motioned me to give her the note and walked into the bathroom. I heard her flush the toilet, probably getting rid of the evidence.

Adam came back with the tray of food and she smiled at him and left.

***

Day 5, Friday

I woke up not feeling as shitty as yesterday. After eating I had spent the whole afternoon talking to Adam. He is so stoic and has an awful sense of humor. However, after a while talking to him is better than the deafening silence of the room. We had breakfast and kept talking.

"I am telling you. You got a nurse who can fight; You got lucky," I said.

"I am, but sadly I think that your mate is a much better mate than I am. I did not even know that flowers could have so deep meanings."

"He is the best! For sure," I said with a smile.

"The Alpha is coming," Adam whispered.

My smile faded. Soon, Alexander walked through the door.