Chapter 98: Paradise

A/N: Song "Wildfire," by Seafret.

Caleb

It'd been almost a month since Anna and I completely accepted each other, and I'd never been happier in my life. She was right. There is something magical about waking up next to the person you love most. However, we'd barely had any time for us alone. If we weren't having parties, we were taking all of the pack's children to the park or visiting pack members' houses, or patrolling the borders.

Most pack members were still reluctant to approach me unless she was present, but at the very least, they didn't seem as terrified of me as before. Anna's cheerful attitude made everyone feel at ease. The problem was... well... Anna was completely invested in making everyone love me, which I appreciated. But...

"I swear I know what I'm talking about. We should give away pizzas--one large pizza to each pack member. Then, everyone will adore you!" She beamed.

"Mmm... Can we talk about that after the picnic?" I offered a half ham sandwich.

Anna frowned but took the sandwich. Here we go again. "Thank you for the picnic and everything... But, what were you thinking when you decided to cancel lunch with the pack members!?"

"We've been having lunch with them every single day for the last three weeks. We need time together--"

"We're always together." Even feeling each other's feelings and intentions was not enough when some people are this stubborn. "Yes, you are the stubborn one." Never had someone bitten a sandwich so angrily as she did just now. I'm so lucky to have such a cute mate. "Hey, stop that." She pointed at me attempting to look angry but the corners of her lips were quirked upwards.

"It's such a beautiful day. The temperature is ideal. The wind brings the scent of flowers and our waterfall sings for us. Even, the green grass is covered with a pink blanket with white accents. And... I've got the most beautiful, thoughtful and kind girl sitting across me. This is paradise." I took a napkin and wiped off some mayonnaise from her upper lip.

Blushing, she looked away timidly. "Don't change the subject, Caleb. We need to work on--"

I picked up the small bottle of juice. "Orange juice?"

"What?" Her eyes widened as she stared at the straw in front of her lips but sucked from it.

"Hah... I love when you do that."

"When I do... Caleb! I'm being serious here!" Even though she was glaring, her wide smile betrayed her.

"And, I'm being serious here as well. By the way, the sex dungeon will be ready in four or five days."

"Se--sex dungeon?" She leaned back looking at me as if I had just said that I was a giant chicken, her jaw dropped.

"I heard you talking to Samuel. You said that you'd wished the room I keep your things was a sex dungeon."

"Well... That would've been way less creepy than an adoration shrine. You know obsessed and sick people do that, right?" She waggled her eyebrows.

"What should've done then? You left so many things behind and I couldn't get rid of them. I tried keeping them in my room but then, I wouldn't leave my room for days because I felt as if you were there..."--I averted my gaze from the sad look she was giving me--"and... they took too much space... Yeah, that."