Announcement

Thank you Wolf_Burrito  for the cover! I finally found it.                                                                

It's finally Summer for this college student! I'll be working on my books. 

The first part of Collecting Misery is almost over. Along the way, we'll meet many characters that will be relevant in the third book of 'Her Younger Mate.' I have both storylines planned out. I'm waiting for the book to catch up where 'Her Younger Mate' ended to avoid spoiling things.

I was thinking that instead of editing HYM in the original book, I should publish the edited chapters in another book. I adore so much the comments in the old book that it would break my heart to make them disappear. (When you edit a paragraph, the inline comments disappear and appear just at the end of the chapter).

For the new version of Her Younger Mate, what do you prefer?

Present tense narrative

or

Past tense narrative

Elena

I pulled Alex behind a wall and signaled him to keep quiet. Chase squirmed in his arms and I brushed his hair while cooing. When my gorgeous baby calmed down, I looked up at Alex. 

"Who's that?" I whispered.

He peeked from behind the wall before turning back to me. "That's Oliver. He works here, you know?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. Lucky for him, we were just out from Chase's doctor's appointment. If he wasn't holding my future in his arms, I would attack him. "Not him! The girl with the black dress!"

Alex laughed. "Oh, she's a witch."

"I thought that they were extinct."

"That's supposedly the last one. C'mon. I'll introduce you." Alex grabbed my hand and hauled me from behind the safety of the wall.

"Alex..." Before I could finish complaining, we were in front of Oliver and the witch.

"Hello, Alpha. Hi, Emily." Oliver bowed respectfully and the witch followed his lead.

I clenched my fists but Alex touch relaxed me. Emily meant rival, while Elena meant shining light. Of course, I liked Elena better. "I'm Elena, the Luna of this pack, pleased to meet you." I smiled and extended my hand to the girl.

She shook my hand but kept a blank face. "Nice to meet you. You can call me Tina."

"Is that a diminutive for Christina?"

She gave me a bored look. "My name Caritina. It's a Spanish name that means funny."

"Oh, how appropriate." Alex laughed and I shot him a glare.

"Indeed." This witch had a resting bitch face going on. "I'm an enchantress, not a witch." 

Had she heard?

She smirked slightly and turned to Oliver. "Thank you for the lovely chat. I should go back to my babysitter now."

to be continued...