Chapter 54: The Alpha's Book of Events

I was now on my way back to Caleb's pack with my brother and son. I was hoping for a quiet ride but of course, my brother had other things in mind. 

"So many things have happened. We need to have a long talk," said Alex.

"I just want to forget everything about that," I said as I looked to the window. "Aiden would you mind telling me how you ended up in the Blood River Pack?"

My brother hummed and nodded; Aiden took a deep breath before talking.

"One day, while I was still training in the other pack, older trainees were talking about the tragedy of the Wild Moon Pack. They mentioned that neither the rogues who had supposedly murdered the previous Alpha and Beta of the pack nor the murderer of the third in command were ever found." 

"I have heard about that," I said.

Aiden nodded sharply. "I remembered that you said that that one was your parents' pack. It was a long shot but I thought that the incident might have had something to do with your parents."

I nodded. The idea had crossed my mind but I was too focused on my love life and my job.

"When I asked them about it, they said that those were the only things revealed to the public, but that the old erudite pack might have written down information and dates."

My brother butted in, his eyes still on the road. "It is true that the pack used to document what high ranked wolves had done during big events near their packs. It is a shame that they were absorbed by the Blood River Pack."

I knew that story; It happened fifteen years ago. Our pack and many others had to form an alliance to stop the expansion of the Blood River Pack. The old Alpha was forced to retire and his son, Alexander Fucking-trash Hunter, took charge. 

"But, was that actually that Pack's name? It sounds kind of cheesy," I said.

My brother chuckled, shaking his head. "Of course not. It is just how people called them. Also, someone is really bad at naming packs. They were extremely intelligent but forgot that as werewolves we need to be physically strong as well. Moreover, they were too damn proud to accept help. Basically,  they thrived because they were respected until Alpha James got greedy."

"And Alpha Alexander Hunter is just as bad," I said.

Aiden cleared his throat. "Alexander Hunter is supposedly a good leader. It had never been reported that he has never attempted to follow the steps of his power-hungry father, and maintains an amicable relationship with other packs."

"I know all that!" I yelled feeling my blood boiling. How can he after everything that has happened say that?

Aiden whined and looked at his lap. "I am sorry, mom."

I sighed profoundly and rubbed my temples. I should not lash out on him. Aiden is obsessed with facts. He is one of those annoying kids that always come out with fun facts nobody cares about. But, he is my annoying kid. 

"No. I am sorry." I rubbed his shoulder and he gave me a small smile, which a returned with a wide one.

"Well. That same day I called the Blood River Pack and being the future Beta of the Silver Fang Pack I was allowed to that to their Alpha."

"You contacted another Alpha without my permission?" my brother said in a calm tone, but I knew he was seething.

"Sorry." Aiden's hands were shaking. He has been through a lot as well.