Chapter 91: By Your Side

Caleb

I woke up from the best sleep I have had in years and to the happiest sight, I could ever have wished for. I was still on Anna's couch. She was sleeping with me, her head on my chest. I tightened the embrace I had around her waist. Yesterday, we had stayed up almost all night just talking, not only about our lives but everything and anything. We had even watched fun videos and laughed like I hadn't laughed in a long time. I was always so busy. I hadn't even realized when we fell asleep.

I kissed the top of her head and her eyes fluttered open. She smiled happily before her eyebrows shot up and she jumped away from me. She turned around probably to wipe the trail of saliva from her mouth. When she looked back at me, she didn't meet my gaze and her cheeks were slightly tinted red. That was cute, but not as cute as her messy hair.

"Just a moment." She rushed to the bathroom.

When she came back her hair was back to normal and she looked more refreshed.

"When are you planning to go back to your pack?" She sat down and leaned against me. I couldn't help but smile when she took my left hand in hers and looked at me with those innocent eyes of hers.

"As soon as you are ready." To be honest, I wanted to go back as soon as possible. I trusted Samuel, but he was too soft. People relax too much and that is how accidents happen.

"I haven't unpacked from my trip to India and all my clothes are clean, so I just need to take a shower and eat something and I am good to go." She grinned and gave me thumbs up. I love this girl so much.

"I'll get ready and then, we can have breakfast together." She nodded with a wide smile on her face.

***

After having breakfast, we went to say goodbye to Anna's friends and family – with that, I am talking about the Alphas and Lunas of the two of the most powerful packs and the Beta of the third one.

We knocked on the door of the Alpha couple of the Blood River Pack. As soon as it was opened, the Luna, Abigail, jumped and pulled Anna into a hug. "Take care. Come visit me, okay?" She pulled away and smiled warmly at Anna.

"Sure. I'll be fine. I'm going with my mate." Anna wrapped her arms around my right arm. I loved how she was treating me as her mate even when things were still not as good as I would like them to be.

"I entrust you with my dear friend's safety." Abigail flashed me a small smile.

"I will. I wanted to thank you and Alpha Adam for saving my mate's life. I am really grateful." This was the girl that had risked her life for Anna. Nothing would come close to repay them for that action. 

Abigail grinned. "That was just the right thing to do."

Alpha Adam stood next to his mate, his only acknowledgment in my direction was a stiff nod before turning his attention to Anna. 

"Anna, if you need anything call me. I hope things go right between the two of you. I expect details." He winked at her. 

That was weird and irritating at the same time. Deep breaths... Deep breaths.

Anna gave him the stink eye. "Never do that again. It creeps me out."

Thank you for that, Anna. I am afraid of the moment in which our bond will be strong enough for her to feel all of my emotions and read my thoughts whenever she wants to. She has never seen my jealous side. I'm always too afraid to lose her to act on those feelings.

He covered his face with a hand. "It was Abigail's idea. She said that I'm too serious and boring sometimes. I don't think I am. Am I?" He stared at her with a serious expression.