Chapter 94: Civilized Argument - Part 1

Anna

I walked down to him and put my arms around his neck. He stubbornly looked away from me.

I let out an annoyed huff and took a step to the direction he was looking at. "Caleb look at me."

He still didn't look at me.

"Caleb..." I peered at his face but he looked up and mumbled something I couldn't catch.

"What did you say?"

He kept his eyes trained on the ceiling. I admit it is a nice ceiling, all lavender, and stuff, but this is ridiculous. I got frustrated so I climbed on his desk and jumped at him wrapping my legs around his waist and clinging myself to him. I was sure that this is one of those don't try at home things you see on TV. Probably instinctively, he moved his hands to my thighs. I'm not going to lie. I kind of enjoy this position: my body squeezed against his strong, sexy-

"What are you doing?" He looked at me furrowing his eyebrows as if I was some strange being that he could not decipher.

"You weren't looking at me."

"So... You latched yourself at me." He cocked his head to the side.

"Now, you can't look away. Caleb, I love you. I truly do."

We gazed at each other's faces. I don't think that I'm doing a good job with all that I'm going to punish him thing I have been talking about for so long.

Caleb sighed. He moved one hand to my butt and brushed strands of hair off my face with the other.

"Anna... I love you too. So, if you want to give me the best two months of my life I will accept it. But, don't act as if we have a future together if you aren't staying with me because that would destroy me."

"Woah. You truly are stupid."

He frowned and let go of me. I clung to him for my dear life. "I didn't mean it in a bad way!" I yelled.

He held me in place again. "How is you are stupid said in a non-bad way?"

I put my hands on his cheeks pressing them so he would look funny. "If I were going to reject you or leave you, I wouldn't have come here in the first place. I am in love with you too, you know? I hadn't told you about the rules because there is a long story I need to tell you. However, it was kind of difficult to bring in more problems when I get to your pack and the first thing I see is that my little, cute, adorable, kind, sweet, charming, delight-"

"Anna, I appreciate the compliments but get to the point." His cheeks were turning red and he tried to turn his head away from me. In this position, he had nowhere to hide.

"As I said, I get to your pack and the first thing I see is that my little, cute, adorable, kind, sweet, charming, delightful little Alpha is acting like a paranoid jackass and torturing pack members."

"I am not tortu..." He seemed to notice my glare at him for his raised tone. He shut up and his wolf whimpered.

"I understand you want to be a strong alpha. Those are instincts, but I also have instincts and they are telling me that I can't let you keep on doing this to our pack members. I decided yesterday that whatever the rules were or whatever I had to give up, I wouldn't let you keep on doing this. Even if I have to challenge you and become Alpha... Hey! What are you laughing for? This ain't a joke."

"You said our pack members..." He smiled brightly, wrinkles formed at the corners of his amused eyes. "Go ahead and challenge me. I would gladly have you as my Alpha. But, I get to be the Luna."