Chapter 13: Can't Keep a Bad Boy Down

Anna

Matt and I are in the middle of the 9th game. He has not been able to win even a single round. Someone knocks on the front door, but we do not pay too much attention to it. Another pack member opens the door. Soon, a human girl steps into the room and walks straight up to Caleb. She straddles him, pushing me against Samuel, and gives Caleb a passionate kiss. Of course he returns the kiss, his hands roaming all her backside. 

He slides one hand under her dress grasping her inner thigh and up. 

I gag and I lose that round. "And I am the one who sends missed signals..." I say underneath my breath. 

He stiffens and breaks the kiss. He turns to tell me something, but the girl grabs his face and crashes her lips on his again. 

I lose the following round again and give the controller to Samuel. He and Matt give me sympathetic looks. 

"Maybe love does knock on your door," I whisper into Samuel's ear. He snorts and gives me a soft smile before patting my shoulder. 

I return the smile and the first round of their game begins. The two boys are focused on the game, and Caleb is busy breaking my heart. I hold back my tears. Larentia is whimpering in my head, but this pain feels all mine. After just one game the boys stand up from their seats. 

"Let's go get something to eat," says Samuel. He offers me his hand, which I take. 

"Caleb said that we should get a pepperoni pizza," says Matt. 

I turn to watch Caleb, his lips still glued to the girl's lips and laugh out loud. "Oh my gosh, that is so pathetic." 

We walk out of the living room and I keep laughing, but soon my laughing becomes crying. I bite my trembling lower lip. Matt pulls me into a hug and rubs my back before getting into the driver's seat. Samuel tells me to sit in the back seat with him. We drive in silence for a while and I calm down.

Samuel breaks the silence. "He is your mate, isn't he?" 

I notice Matt is looking at me from the rear-view mirror. "I do not know what you are talking about," I say. 

Samuel pats my head. "It is obvious," says Matt. 

"At least for us who are always with him. The way you two react to each other tells everything." 

I sigh and turn to look at the trees and lampposts passing outside the car window. 

"We are on your side," says Samuel. 

I turn to him and arch my eyebrow. 

"I know I am his Beta and everything, but he is being an asshole." 

Matt and I chuckle. 

"He indeed is," I say. 

"Smile Ms. Amores," says Matt. "You are too beautiful to be mopping around because of some dumb teenager." 

I laugh. "I cannot believe you guys are the ones comforting me right now. I am probably the worst teacher ever." 

"Oh, C'mon," says Samuel. "You are the best Math teacher that our school has ever seen."

 I smile broadly. "You mean it?" 

He snickers. "Yes, I mean it."

"We are here," announces Matt. We step out of the car and walk into the pizza place. The guys opened the two front doors for me. I giggle and thank them.  We order for three large pepperoni and beef pizzas for us and one large pizza to take home to Caleb. The guys and I dine in.