Chapter 93: Fight - Part 2

A/N: Song "Yours," by Elle Henderson. 

BTW: I did notice that HYM reached the #3 during last week. Thank you very much! I ran across my apartment flapping my arms and screaming that day. Sorry for the late chapter. 

Anna

My eyes flew open and I sat on the bed squinting my eyes as I inspected my surroundings. I exhaled the breath that I was holding and tried to lower my ragged breathing. I glanced at the clock, 5:30 AM. It is always like this whenever I sleep in a new room. I blame Anthony for this. The first couple of months during my training he would terrorize every night for as long as six days every time we visited a different location, so I would learn to never get too comfortable in a place I'm not used to.

Caleb's arm was still draped around my hips. He was lying on his belly, snoring quietly with a small smile on his face. He looked so peaceful. I sighed knowing that there was no way that I would go back to sleep again. I took my cell phone from the nightstand by my side and lied back down. Caleb cuddled closer to me.

I was annoyed about what had happened early. Yes, we both wanted it, but it felt as if he was trying just to get everything his way. I will see how he acts later today. It was difficult to stay angry with this pull telling me that I need him more than I need air to live.

I deleted the notifications of all the missed calls from my father. He knows what he did. I can't be fighting more than one person at a time. Too much drama. I texted Anthony, but when I told him about the small dictatorship he has going on here, he only told me to talk to Caleb because he is my mate and he will for sure listen to me.

I am so bored. I tried to slide away from Caleb's grasp, but he just growled and pulled me even closer, resting his face against my hair. Help, I'm trapped. To my surprise, I found myself dozing off as the contact with my mate helped me relax. I smiled. Our bond is getting stronger.

After he woke up, he helped me sort some of my things out. He insisted that we should share the room and honestly, I wanted the same thing. If things go wrong I can always move to a different one. He had made me space in his closet and bathroom vanity. I gave him some of the books I always carry around when I travel.

***

After having breakfast, we met Samuel and Chloe and shifted into our wolves. I still didn't talk to Samuel, but I knew I would probably give in soon. He kept apologizing through the mindlink, so much that I had to block him.

We ran across the woods that surrounded the territory. Caleb showed me the cameras and traps near the pack limits. Everything looked right, except for the pack members. I could literally smell the fear coming from every single warrior we crossed paths with. They kept their heads low in front of us and their tails between their legs. Caleb would growl at them for no reason.

After checking the limits, it was time to train. I joined for the two-hour run but decided to not join the rest training, so I could see in detail what it was all about. We all stayed in our wolf's forms.

I don't think that I would have ever been prepared for what I saw. This wasn't training. It was pure cruelty. He made weaker warrior fight the most skilled warriors by time, meaning that they couldn't give in. So, even after they were down the other warrior would have to attack them until the time was up.

I could feel the terror from all the pack members through the mindlink. I stared at Caleb. How can he be so calm? He looked back at me and waved his tail. I mentally scoffed.