Chapter 95: Civilized Argument - Part 2

A/N: Song "Sick of Losing Soulmates," by Dodie.

Anna

"That went well..."

I snapped my heard toward Samuel. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey! Don't look at me like that. I came to give Caleb some reports of our warrior performances. I heard all the yelling and decided to wait here. It is not my fault that you didn't close the office's door."

I rolled my eyes. "You know what, I don't care. Just go after him. Make sure that he doesn't do anything stupid and mindlink me once he looks like he might want to talk to me again."

Samuel chuckled. "I wouldn't worry that much if I was you. He might still be acting like an idiot, but I swear he did change."

"Just go!" I pointed in the direction Caleb had run off.

"Nobody ever warned me that being a Beta included babysitting my Alpha." Samuel sighed and sauntered toward the woods.

Once Samuel had left, I sighed and plopped to the ground. I should've told him about the rules. A council member can't occupy a high rank in a pack. So ridiculous. I closed my eyes and lied down. I gripped the grass under my palms and took deep breaths. I need to calm down and decide. 

I am such a hypocrite. I planned to go fight that rogue alone, but I know that I would give Caleb hell if he ever tried to do the same. He wants me to depend on him, but how? I'm my own person. I've always been on my own, even in my pack. Alex always gave me the freedom to decide and act as I considered appropriate. But, my brother is not my mate. Caleb is different.

Should I forget about everything and leave, or really forget about everything and stay? What if that monster hurts our pack. However, my not being here is hurting everyone as well. Also, Caleb's wolf would go feral or die if I die.

My eyes flew open. The blue sky came into my line of vision.

Caleb is my mate.

This is my destiny.

We are literally made to be with each other.

I stood up and dusted off my clothes. I need to talk to him. I mind linked Samuel. Did you find him?

"Yeah. He's alright. Wait there." He blocked me.

You are not getting my favor, Samuel. I walked back into Caleb's house. Where are Marcy and Aaron? Caleb hasn't mentioned his parents in a while. I'll have to ask him.

I took a shower and put on some comfortable clothes. I lied down on Caleb's bed but couldn't fall asleep. How could I? It was only 5:15 PM. I decided to "explore" his house.

 I walked down the hall. Most rooms were guests' rooms, except for the one right beside Caleb's bedroom. That one was locked. Hmm... Not for long.

"Go to his office. The key is there."

Larentia... How could you know that?

"Instincts, I guess."

I went to Caleb's office, which was still opened and searched through Caleb's desk drawers. In the bottom drawer, in a small pink box, there was a key. 

Is this it?

Larentia barked and I could tell she was waving her tail. I took the key and went back to outside the locked room. Please, don't be a sex dungeon... Please, don't--On a second thought, if he had prepared a sex dungeon, I would--