Chapter 100

E P I L O G U E

A/N: Song "Firebird," by Milky Chance.

'Anna. You still there?' Anthony's concern was obvious in his tone. That only stressed me out even more. He would usually just crack a joke to lighten the mood, but right now, he was dead serious.

'Yes, I am.' I sighed and smiled as Caleb hugged me even tighter.

'The council requests that you give your official decision to the whole mate thing. Are you still doing what you told me last time?'

'Yes.' Caleb and I would leave the pack in Samuel's hands while we help stop my uncle and then we would come back to the pack. 

'Good. I already arranged your transportation to the headquarters. Just go to the airport. I'll text you the details.' 

I hung up and stared at Caleb.

"Are you--" 

"--sure?" 

We laughed at how we were already finishing each other's sentences.

I nodded and he picked me up in bridal style. After taking that shower we would be on our way.

We would go help because it wasn't as if I had a choice. They needed my blood for the tracking spell. But, I had promised Caleb that I wouldn't play hero anymore. After getting rid of the pest, I would take a break from my duties as a council member to take over the pack with Caleb until we pass our titles to our heir.

Everything would work out this time.

We were finally together.