Chapter 53: Joke

Day 7, Sunday

I woke up expecting everything to be better, but instead I found myself in the same room as before and Alexander sitting on a chair. This time he was awake, staring at me. 

"I already injected you the wolfsbane, so do not try to pull another one like two days ago," said Alexander. His voice sounded cold and distant.

"Oh..." I looked down and clutched my hands. After what Abigail had told me, I expected to wake up to something... different. Alex, where are you?

"What got you thinking so hard, love?" 

"Could I talk to Abigail?"  

"Your friend Abigail? Oh, she is now becoming acquainted with your son in the dungeons."

"What?" I felt my lower lip quivering and my hands went numb. No. Everything was supposed to be okay. Is this another twisted joke?

Alexander stood up, and for the first time, I noticed the silver knife he was holding in his hands. He paced across the room clicking his tongue.

"Tsk Tsk. Don't look so sad. I was kidding, beautiful," he said.

I let out the breath I was holding. 

Alexander smirked darkly. "She is actually in solitary confinement. Her mate is also in another one of our dungeons."

"Why would you do that?" I asked. I wanted to scream. The only people who had helped me were being punished because of me.

"Well, it seems that I cannot trust anyone. Not even you." He pointed the knife at me. "Did you all think that I was that stupid? That I would not figure out what you had done?" He yelled, waving his arms violently. "I tried to be good to you. I really tried, but you! You attacked me. You turned my people against me. I have had enough." 

I jumped out of the bed as I noticed him getting ready to attack. However, he lunged forward, dropping the knife, and grabbed me. He threw me on the bed and pinned me down with one hand while he took off his belt with the other one. 

"What are you doing?" I yelled feeling desperate. I already knew the answer, but I somehow hoped that he would come into his senses. Stupid plan, he does not have common sense.

"I am doing what I should have done since the beginning. Completing the mating process with my new Luna." 

He tied my wrists together with his belt and straddled me. I could not move this time. I felt panic take over me as I squirmed under his grasp. No, this cannot happen. It cannot end like this.

He lowered his upper body and his teeth went to the crook of my neck. I closed my eyes waiting for the worst. At least if her marks me, it will actually hurt him when I die.

I opened my eyes when I heard the bang of the door being shattered. Immediately, Alexander's weight was taken off me.  

"I am sorry Alpha, but you had the mind link shut off!" the coward, I mean Alexander's third in command yelled.

"About damn time!" I yelled. 

I sat on the bed to see Alexander lying on the floor with my brother on top of him punching him over and over. I was mesmerized. What a beautiful sight. All the colorful sunsets  of the history held no opportunity against the sight of that bastard's blood being splattered around the floor every time a punch landed on his face.

Alexander shifted in his huge wolf and squared up growling threateningly at my brother. My brother was getting ready to shift as well. But, two other men barged into the room. The tallest more buff one was carrying heavy-looking silver chains, which he threw at Alexander.