Chapter 68: No Comments

January 3, 7:35 PM

Alex's father and mother had called for a family meeting. Elena, Amanda, Aiden and himself walked into the meeting room already guessing what the meeting was about. The rumors had reached his ears.

After two minutes of uncomfortable silence Anna's and Alex's father, former Alpha Michael spoke. "As you know, Anna's condition is stable for now. We do not know when she is waking up, but the doctors are positive that she should do it soon."

Everyone in the room nodded.

Alex's father closed his eyes and then glared at him. "Who wants to explain me what those rumors of my daughter suffering rejection pains are about?"

Alex gulped and his father shifted his gaze to each of the other family members. None of them could meet his gaze. Then, Michael's gaze went back to his son, who visibly gulped but finally gathered enough courage to answer.

"Anna found her mate, but she was rejected," Alex said.

Michael's eyes narrowed as he clenched and unclenched his fists. Alex looked at his mother hoping she would calm down the brooding Alpha, but she looked even furious. The tension in the room was palpable. Nobody uttered a single word; After all, everyone shared the same anger.

"Does this have something to do with the fact that we are receiving at least ten daily calls from the Wild Moon Pack?" Alex's father asked between gritted teeth.

Alex nodded. "Yes, it does."

Michael closed his eyes and inhaled and exhaled loudly and repetitively. "Who was it?" he asked in a soft tone, but even a blind and deaf person would be able to tell that he was seething.

Alex looked away remembering what he had told his sister. He was willing to go against his father to keep the secret.

"It was the future Alpha from the Wild Moon Pack," Aiden said. It seems that Aiden did not share his uncle's sentiment.

This time, it was former Luna Alexis' time to blow up. "How could a child dare to reject my daughter?" She stood up from the chair banging the table with her hands. "We are wiping off that pack!"

Everyone's eyes went wide. Former Luna Alexis is known as the pacifist. She hated war and would always make sure that not injustices were committed and that prisoners were treated with dignity.

Alex stood up. Do I really have to defend that idiot? He wondered, but concluded that knowing that her mate was hurt by her family would bring his sister even more sorrow. Aiden seemed to think the same thing as he stood up as well.

"I do not think that is a sensible decision," Alex said.

His parents glared at him as if daring him to oppose the destruction plan they were already formulating.

"I know for a fact that my mother is in love with that fool. She would not want to take revenge against him; She is not that kind of person. She would be very upset if she woke up to find that her mate's pack has been wiped off," Aiden said.

Finally, the former Alpha couple relaxed. However, Alexis gave her mate a knowing look and he nodded solemnly. Everyone in the room gulped again.

Anna's mother cleared her throat and talked: "I am sure you have heard the other rumor going around the pack."

Everyone nodded. The day Anna had been declared in coma, a rumor about how she had given up because of the rejection began circulating around the pack. Everyone assumed she had died. The gossip had even extended to neighboring packs, which were slowly becoming aware of the incident. The Alpha family had refused to comment on the incident.

"We will not comment anything on Anna's condition. The rumors will stay rumors. I know for a fact that Anna hates pity; That is how my daughter is. I do not want anyone, but us, visiting her. She has gone through enough and a pity party is the last thing she needs."

"What about her mate?" asked Elena.

Everyone in the room frowned and she shifted her weight uncomfortably on her chair.

"That is the main person who should believe the rumor. How the mate he rejected is a hero," Anna's father said.

"But he will be depressed. He cares about her..." Amanda whispered.

"He did not seem to care when he was kissing another girl the same day he rejected my mother," Aiden said.

The table was split in two when the former Alpha let his fist fall on it. "What did you just say?" he asked.

"My mom caught him kissing another girl," Aiden repeated carefully.

"Let me get this straight; My pup was not only kidnapped and tortured for a week by a sick bastard, but also rejected and cheated on by her mate?" Anna's mother said in tears.

Everyone mirrored the sad expression on the former Luna's face. Her mate hugged her.

"The trial of Alexander Hunter begins tomorrow, right?" Alexis asked.

"Yes. The deal of keeping everything classified expires today. Alpha Adam and Luna Abigail are coming to testify," Alpha Alex said.

"We are bringing him to this pack's dungeon. I want that bastard tortured 24/7" the former Luna said, again surprising everyone in the room.

"Consider it done. I need to take care of the pack during these hard times, but the Alphas meeting starts on January 7 this year. Who is going?" Alex asked.

"Nobody is going. We are not going to answer any of their questions and I am sure none of you want to miss watching Anna wake up. It could happen any time soon. Also, even though more warriors are okay now, your third in command is still in critical condition," the former Alpha said.

"The council has already been notified of the whole situation and they also agreed to keep the details classified," former Luna Alexis said. "The news of what Alexander Hunter did will spread like wildfire soon, as so will the rumors of Anna's death."

"Another rotten apple from that family," Michael said.

"It is all James Hunter fault," Amanda whispered while looking downcast.

"That man was certainly the worst piece of trash ever. I am glad he is still rotting in some dungeon," Elena said.

"Remember, no comments to anyone about what is happening," Alexis said.

A/N: Next chapter the truth about Alexander Hunter will be uncovered. Soon, Caleb will find out. How will he react?