Chapter 29: Yellow Hyacinth (Jealousy)

Anna woke up at 1:00 PM the next day in a much better mood. She took a shower, made some coffee and had cereal for breakfast. According to her cellphone the weather should be nice and warmer the whole day, so she decided to go out for a run in her human form.

When she opened the door she found two flowers in small glass vases; One of them was yellow and the other one was purple. She picked up and read a small rectangular note.

'These are Hyacinths. Meet me at the waterfall today at five?' 

Anna decided to look up what the flowers meant. She smiled and shook her head when she read the meaning of the yellow hyacinth. "My poor little Alpha. I have been unfair with you. Haven't I?" She sighed and went back into her apartment, taking the flowers with her. Anna changed her clothes and grabbed her car keys. She drove to town to do some errands. By the time she was done it was 3:30 PM. 

Instead of running all the way to the south limit like last time, Anna drove there; She arrived at 4:30 PM. Hopefully he is here early. She parked as near of the waterfall as possible and thanked the sky for the good weather. She walked to the  meeting spot and found Caleb in his wolf form laying down beside the river. She kept her hands behind her back.

Caleb stood up and looked at her curiously while wiggling his tail. She petted his head with one hand and he barked excitedely before jumping behind a bush. I think it is safe to assume that he is glad to see me, Anna thought. When Caleb went back in his human form, Anna was sitting by the river, her back turned to him. 

"I am so happy you came," he said as he placed a kiss on her head and sat by her side.

Anna picked up the bouquet of flowers she had been hiding and Caleb's eyes widened. She offered him the flowers.

"Really? For me?"

Anna nodded and lowered her head to hide her blushing cheeks. She rarely felt embarrassed but she had never gifted flowers to anyone.

He smiled widely as he took the bouquet."Pink and White tulips." Caleb was in awe. He knew that pink tulips mean caring, attachment, happiness and confidence; and white tulips represent forgiveness. 

"I am sorry I made you jealous; Also, I forgive you. I should have accepted your apologies before." Anna smiled as she ran her hand through his hair.

"So you finally fall for my charms." Caleb grinned and winked at her.

Anna removed her hand from his hair and stood up. "I am leaving," she said as she shook off the dirt from her jeans. 

"No, no, no. I was kidding!" Caleb quickly stood up and rushed to her side. Her whole body was shaking and he thought she was crying but when he peeked at her face he noticed she was trying to suppress laughter instead.

"Anna..." he said in a low serious tone. 

She could not hold her laugh back any longer. She started laughing, first quietly and then out loud. She clutched her stomach and bent down. 

"That is not fair. I was worried," said a pouting Caleb.

"I know. You should have seen your face." Anna bit her lip and took deep breaths, somehow managing to calm down.

"Not funny." Caleb voice was serious.

"Are you upset?" Anna reached to his cheek but he looked away.

She put her hands around his neck and placed a kiss on his cheek. He was still sulking.  

"So cute," she said. 

"We already had this talk," he said trying to keep a straight face, but his lip twitched. He chuckled and looked into her eyes. "What made you change your mind?" he asked as he tucked her hair behind her ear.