Chapter 59: Amanda

A/N: Song "Something's Gotta Give," Camila Cabello.

Anna

Fourth week of December, Tuesday

I had spend a week and a couple of days more in the hospital. Christmas was around the corner, which only meant one thing: Fucking Christmas songs everywhere. Ugh, I hate them. 

My butt was still numb from lying on the hospital bed for so long, so my slight annoyance at my brother's ordering me to stay in bed at home was totally justified.

"Alex! It is snowing! I want to go out and play!" I said crossing my arms on my chest and pouting like a little kid. Then I began singing. "Do you want to build a snowman?"

"No, young lady. I know exactly what you want to do and I am not letting you do it. You are still weak."

Oops. Busted. Alex knows all too well that whenever I am sad, I like to wander. I just mindlessly walk and walk anywhere. When I was still recovering from my break up with Oliver I would walk so much that I would end up in rogue territory. Then, I would have to fight my way back home. Alex probably does not want me to come back and collapse at our doorstep in my wolf form covered in blood like I have done so many times before. Sissy. 

A smirk formed on my face. "Okay. But, I am going back to training tomorrow."

"Anna..." he said.

"Alex..." I used the same low tone.

He sighed, shaking his head in defeat. "Fine. You can go back to training but there is no training on Christmas day."

"Yay!" I said and turned on the TV.

As soon as Alex left, Mandy walked in. 

"Anna!" she yelled and ran to my open arms. We hugged for a moment; She pulled away and sat next to me frowning. "How are you? I wanted to visit you in the hospital but you were not accepting visits. You are so mean."

I just stared at her in disbelief. "Wow..."

"What?" she asked crossing her arms on her chest.

"It is just that I cannot get into my head that you are talking now, and..."

"And?"

"And you are sassy." I chuckled.

"I am not," Mandy said feigning offense.

I laughed. "Where is Elena?"

"She is sleeping. She has been tired lately." 

"She has probably been staying up late watching series as usual," I said.

Mandy shrugged. "Maybe... I am going to make you company while you recover like you did with me."  

I clapped my hands together. "Okay. Let's start by watching a movie. You choose."

"Sounds good to me." She took the remote control and began scrolling through the movies.

I heard a soft knock on the door. "Mom?" Aiden said.

"Come in!"

The door slowly opened and Aiden stepped into the room, followed by Matt. Aiden walked down to me and hugged me; He was complaining about my not accepting visits last week. Sorry, but one freaked out werewolf in the room was more than enough thank you. I had spent most of my time there wanting to hit Alex with the aluminum tray, the empty one. 

Matt kept walking until he was standing in front of Mandy. 

"So, pretty," he said. He caressed her cheek and looked into her eyes. "What is your name?"