IP- 9

"Ayaw ko."

For the nth time tonight, Lea rejected him. Again.

"Bakit ayaw mo ba? Kasi si Christian na ka-date mo?" he asked.

With annoyance, Lea eyed him and rolled her eyes but she decided not to answer.

"Di ba, yearly naman tayong umaattend ng Company Party na tayo 'yong magka-date?" he retorted.

She looked at him, "Ayaw na kitang kasama."

He had to observe her eyes to confirm if she was serious or not, "Bakit?"

"Wala lang. Kailangan may rason?"

"Dahil ba nandiyan na si Christian? Dahil ba nauna ka niyang ayain kaysa ako? Lea, automatic naman na kapag party, ikaw ang kasama ko, 'di ba?"

She laughed. And it annoyed him even more.

He wants to be with Lea that night but it seems like she doesn't care and that she doesn't want to be his date. Lea seems unbothered.

"What seems to be so funny?"

She held her tummy and pointed at him, "Ikaw—what's happening to you?"

He eyed her, "I am asking you to be my date."

He was serious and that made her heart leap.

Palagi namang seryoso si Aga pero iba kapag ganito siya kaseryoso.

Nakakainlove lalo.

Joke.

And though she wanted to scream, she remained calm, "Napakasensitive mo naman kamo."

"Ikaw kasi, ano bang problema mo?"

"Wala. Mukhang ikaw 'yong may problema. Alam mo, kahit hindi naman tayo magka-date ng gabing 'yon, magkakasama pa rin tayo nina Dawn. Oh, is there any difference?"

"Iba pa rin kapag alam kong ikaw 'yong ka-date ko. Pumayag ka na."

Lea smiled and stood up, "Pumayag ako o hindi, I am giving you an assurance that we will be together that night, okay?"

He sighed but smiled eventually. And then he threw her a question, "Paano pala kung nagtatanong ako sa'yo ngayon kung pwede kitang ligawan? Hindi mo pala ako bibigyan ng concrete na sagot?"

Lea looked at him and he was smirking. She wanted to throw the glass of water she has but she decided not to, both are precious to her, so no. "Aga, if you are courting a woman, don't ask her if you could do so. Just do it. Women don't have to tell you it's fine or not. Kung gusto mong gawin, gawin mo kahit wala siyang binigay na sagot. When you're courting, that means you also have to be determined. Unless you're not."

He threw his arms up as if surrendering, "Oh, teka lang, wait. Para kang si mommy. Isang sentence lang sinabi ko, pang-essay na 'yong sagot. Easy."

She shook her head, "When are you going to be serious, Aga?"

"Seryoso naman akong tao, ah. Ikaw kasi, you're always deep. Kaya akala mo sa ibang tao, mababaw sila."

She eyed him.

"Minsan, we find better things kapag mababaw lang tayo. When you go deep, that's when things get complicated."

"Kapag complicated ang isang bagay, worth it siya in the end."

Aga smiled. The smile that melted her heart.

But what melted her heart more is when Aga spoke up,

"Parang ikaw. You're complicated but you're worth it."

--

She has made various sleeping positions on bed but she still couldn't sleep. Aga is invading her mind again.