IP- 26

Philippinas 3:12
But one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

*
Warning: Chapter contains profanity.

"Sigurado ka bang papasok ka?"

Dawn had been asking her since they woke up the same question over and over again.

She looked into her reflection in the mirror and noticed how puffy her eyes were. Despite that, she nodded, "Sure ako."

Dawn stood beside her and rubbed her back, "Lei, I got your back, okay? Nandito ako. I'll never leave you."

She heaved a deep sigh, "D, I have cried so much last night, huwag mo na akong paiyakin lalo."

Dawn softly giggled, "Lea naman, maganda ka. Okay? You can find better boys than Aga. Hindi lang si Aga ang lalaki sa mundo-- besides, si Sir Chri--"

"Tigilan mo nga ako. I have no time for that." she retorted and started fixing her make-up.

"Basta, ha, nandito ako. If you need a shoulder to lean on, I'm here."

She smiled.

She is just so lucky to have her friends. She lost her bestfriend and the love of her life but her friends, especially Dawn stayed. And with that, she is thankful. No matter how hard the battles are, she'd be strong with Dawn, Vice and Vina.

"Tara na."

--

She doesn't know if it was the air inside the office that is heavy in her heart or it is herself.

She doesn't know if it was dark or it was her life.

She doesn't know if it was the environment or it was her emotions.

She isn't okay but she has to remain strong to show Aga it was his lost, not Lea's.

They reached the office and saw Vice and Vina waiting for them.

Everyone was almost there, of course, including Sam.

"Ano na? Kumu-- my gosh, maga 'yang mata mo."

"You don't state the obvious." she answered and placed her bag on her table.

Vice then hugged her and said, "Basta ako, Lei, mahal kita. Ligawan na kaya kita?"

Lea just sighed and shook her head, "Maggagawa lang ako ng coffee, wait lang."

"Dadaan ka sa--"

She showed them a smile, one that says she'll be fine, "Okay lang."

Her friends nodded and she then made her way to their office's kitchen.

"Uy, 'yong loser nandito." she heard Olivia, Sam's friend, say.

"I warned her naman na I'll get everything she doesn't deserve from her. Dapat, nag-ready siya."

She did not mind them and continued making coffee.

"Boring daw kasi siya sabi ni Aga." Sam added, "Wala sigurong choice si Aga sa kanya."

She closed her fist and stopped herself from reacting.

"Boring? How boring?"

"Boring as in, you know, wala lang. Pwede lang siya kapag may kailangan or wala nang magawa si Aga."

"Please, ayaw ko ng gulo." she decided to turn around and face them with her coffee on her hand.

"Oh, ikaw pala 'yan," Sam giggled, "Akala ko ibang tao."