IP- 22

Luke 1:37
For with God, nothing shall be impossible.

*

It has been days since that incident. Her friends told her to shake it off. And she did.

Today with Dawn, they came to the office earlier than usual and she smiled upon seeing Ate Delia decorating the office.

"Christmas na nga," she mouthed, "Good morning, Ate Delia. Nice to see you here."

Delia smiled at her, "Good morning din. Absent kasi si Mel kaya ako ang nag-ayos nito."

She nodded, "Merry Christmas, ate. What's your wish this Christmas?"

Delia smiled, "Kapayapaan."

She chuckled, "That would be hard, ate."

"Lahat naman ng magagandang bagay sa mundo, mahirap maabot."

--

Only a day before Christmas, Dawn and Lea were busy wrapping gifts for their loved ones. Dawn, most of the time, spends Christmas with Lea since her family migrated in the US and the reason why she was left in the Philippines is another story.

Lea spends her Christmas with her family. Both their parents are friends and that is why having them live in one house was never an issue. Lea's parents have another house somewhere around Manila. As soon as Dawn's parents migrated to the US, they both decided to rent a house for the two.

"Anong gift ni Christian sa'yo?" Dawn asked her while wrapping a gift for her niece.

She eyed her, "Wala. Why would he give me a gift?"

"Because you're friends."

"Hindi naman lahat ng magkaibigan, nagbibigayan ng gift, ah?" she answered.

Dawn smirked, "Kaya ba hindi mo 'ko niregaluhan last Christmas?"

Lea frowned, "Hey! Broke ako no'n, 'no and besides I gave you a gift naman! Late nga lang."

Dawn didn't answer.

Lea then took a box which was already wrapped and gave it to her, "Merry Christmas, D. Thank you for keeping up with me this year. If not for you, I wouldn't be this tough."

Dawn smiled, "For me?"

She nodded.

"Buksan ko na?" she excitedly asked her again.

"Go."

As soon as she unwrapped it, she saw a black small box.

"I know how much you love watches."

Her eyes sparkled upon seeing Lea's gift for her, "You bought the watch for me?!"

"I did. You told me you love it and so the day after we saw this at the mall, I bought it na for you."

"Gaga, ang sweet mo." Dawn stood up to hug her and even kissed her cheek, "Ang mahal nito, ah."