IP- 36

Philippians 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition and vain conceit. Rather in humility, value others above yourselves.

*

Morning has come and Dawn barged inside her room only to tell her they were running late for work today.

She groaned, unbothered of the thought that they were running late, "5 minutes."

"Anong 5 minutes?!" Dawn exclaimed and hit her leg, "Get up, Salonga!"

"Mauna ka nang pumasok, sige na."

"Ano ka ba naman? Tara na," she looked around and saw that her laptop was opened, "Kanina ka pa naman pala gising. Tumayo ka na diyan."

She rolled her eyes, "Oo na. Magdadasal muna ako, okay? Get out. Be there in 30 minutes."

Dawn sighed, "Oo na, make it 25 minutes."

"Gusto mo ba akong pumasok nang hindi naliligo?"

"Bilisan mo na. Dami mong sinasabi. I will wait for you outside."

--

Inside the elevator, Dawn could sense that she was feeling uncomfortable.

She has been biting her lip and playing with her nails.

"Okay ka lang ba?"

She nodded, "Yeah."

"Kanina ka pa ganyan. Naano ka ba?"

"Naiihi," she lied.

"Ewan ko sa'yo."

She just sighed.

As soon as they reached their floor, she went straight to her cubicle to fix her things and that's when Dawn's forehead creased, "What are you doing?"

She shook her head and turned to talk to Cristine, "Is Christian inside his office already? Is he busy?"

"Nandiyan na siya kanina pa. Nauna pa siya sa akin. Ewan ko kung anong ginagawa. Nags-scan yata ng reports."

She nodded and took the folder she was holding earlier, "Saglit lang."

She knocked on his door.

"Come in," he answered.

She slowly opened it and saw him all eyes on the paper he's reading.

"Sir," she called him and that's when he looked up.

He looked at her without saying a word.

Lea then placed the folder on his table.

"What's this? Upo ka," his voice was low and soft.

"Hindi na. 'Di na rin naman ako magtatagal."

He opened the folder, as soon as he saw the title of the letter, his forehead creased, "Why?"

"Christian, alam mo nam--"

"You don't have to resign, Carmen. Kung iniisip mong kagagalitan kita just because of what happened, hindi ako gano'n."

"Ang kapal naman ng mukha ko na mag-stay dito kahit na--"

"Here we are again, Carmen. Here we are again. Hindi ka magre-resign."

"Pero, Christian. Hindi pwede. Maayos na iba kong gamit. Pirmahan mo na 'yan."

"What? You are running away again? Bakit?"

"Because this is what is right,"

"No. Because this is what you think is right. This is what you want."