IP- 39

1 Corinthians 13:7-8
Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

*

"Ano ba talaga 'yan, Lea?" Vice asked her when he had the chance to see what she has been doing since who knows when.

She smiled, "A present for Aga."

"A love letter for Aga?" he asked again.

"No. Basta. This is a present."

"Wow, months in the making," he chuckled and took a seat beside her, "Nasaan na nga pala siya?"

She shrugged her shoulders. They actually had a little argument the other night when she decided to stay in his unit. She wanted to surprise him by preparing dinner for him because she knows how tired he was from work especially now that he's promoted as the Marketing Department Manager.

He opened the door and was surprised to see Lea sitting on the couch, staring at him.

He startled that he had to pinch his skin to confirm that he wasn't dreaming.

"Saan ka galing?" she asked him, her voice was... frightening.

He gulped. Her voice.

He is doomed.

He gulped again and gathered all his strength to ask her, "B-babes, kanina ka pa?"

"Saan ka galing?" she asked again, this time, her voice was calm.

"Si Josh kasi n--"

"Earlier, you told me you're going home after work. You didn't tell me you're going somewhere else," she tells.

"Babes, biglaan kasi," he started to slowly walk towards her, afraid that she might just throw a pillow at him, but thankfully she did not.

She sighed in disappointment and stood up, "I prepared food for you in case you haven't had dinner yet. I'm going now."

He held her forearm to stop her from walking away, "Saan ka pupunta?"

"I'm going home now."

"What? Babes, it's 1 in the morning. You can't go home--"

She rolled her eyes and took her arm away before getting her bag, "Who says I can't go home at 1 in the morning? If you can, why can't I?"

She shakes her head as she remembered that Aga didn't even bother chasing her that night though a part of her wants that because when she is mad, she doesn't want to talk to anybody; but a part of her wants his attention.

"Uwi na tayo, Lei," Dawn who was fixing her stuff called her out.

She nodded and closed her laptop to fix her stuff, too.

"Is Aga going to pick you u--"

"No, we're taking a cab," she answered.

"Okay, itetext ko na lang si Chard para masundo niya tayo."

She shook her and smirked, "Turn ko naman bang maging third wheel?"

"Dear, yes."

--

She had finished doing all her routines after eating dinner. She wore her oversized shirt and got out of the bathroom only to be startled by Aga who was eyeing her from the couch.

Had he not remembered they were on a fight, he would've laughed the way he does when she gets shocked and surprised.

"You stupid man."