IP- 40

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

*
Warning: Profanity ahead.

Dawn noticed the cold air between Lea and Aga this morning and the rest of the group did, too.

Lea would distance herself from him and Aga would just sit and keep quiet unless asked about something.

Vice tapped Dawn's lap and whispered, "What's up with them?"

"Baka nag-aaway na naman?"

Dawn's eyes squinted and continued observing the two who were obviously snubbing each other, "Iba 'yong aura nila ngayon. Hindi sila ganyan 'pag lq sila. Baka something happened."

"So, what happened?" Vice asked her.

"It's for us to find out," she answered and continued eating.

After breakfast, Lea remained in the dining area to clean the table and that's when Dawn, Vice and Vina took the chance to ask her.

"Lei," Dawn called her out.

"Mhm?" she asked without looking at them.

"Are you okay?"

She looked up at them and gave them a smile, "Oo naman."

"Parang hindi," Vice insisted, "There's something wrong."

"Ano namang mali?"

"Kayo ni Aga, you're not okay, 'no? Bakit hindi kayo nagpa-pansinan?"

She faked a smile, "We're fine. Wala lang talaga kaming sasabihin sa isa't-isa kaya gano'n."

Vice made face, "Lokohin mo lelang mo, Lea. Never kayong nawalan ng sasabihin sa isa't-isa. Duh, pati nga ganda ng kuko niya, sinasabi mo, eh."

The three chuckled.

"Oo nga, Lei. What happened?"

She shook her head and placed the plates on the sink, "Sige na, lilinisan ko na 'to. Susunod ako do'n."

Instead of leaving her alone, the three followed her and stood beside her, "Tell us or we would forever be bugging you."

"Tsk, wala nga. Alis na."

"Lea Salonga, we know you better than yourself."

"Sabihin mo na."

"We're willing to listen."

"Just--"

"I declined his proposal," she admitted.

Their mouths formed a zero upon hearing her confession.

"You what?" Dawn asked her again.

"I said no."

"Bakit?"

"I'm not ready yet."

Vina sighed, "Really?"

"Jusko, Lea! Malapit ka nang mag-trenta. Ano, when will you be ready? When you're 40?"