IP- 25

Psalm 147:3
He heals the broken-hearted and binds up their wounds

*

"Uwi na tayo." was what she told them after watching the video.

She wanted to cry. She wanted to scream. She wanted to confront Sam. She wanted to curse Aga.

"Agad?"

She nodded and took her bag, fixed her things and the piles of paperworks on top of her table.

Bravely, she turned to look at Sam. And she was busy with her phone.

She must be texting Aga by now.

They must be flirting now.

On their way home, Dawn and Vice noticed how silent Lea is. She would occasionally sigh, look outside the cab they were in. She doesn't speak.

"Lei, are you okay? Kanina ka pa tahimik." Vice asked her.

She gave away a fake smile and nodded.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded again.

"You know you shouldn't be sad this day."

She smiled again.

"Bakit nag-aya ka kaagad umuwi? Nagmad--"

Dawn glared at Vice telling him to stop, "Is there a problem, Lea?"

"W-wala. Pagod lang ako."

"Kuya, diyan na lang po sa tabi." Dawn told the driver.

She was out spacing that she did not notice they were already outside their house.

She went out of the cab and waited for her friends. She just stood there, looking down her feet.

"Lea? Okay ka lang ba talaga?"

"Oo nga."

"Okay, tara na." Vice clung her arm on Lea's and walked.

She heaved a deep sigh.

As soon as the door of their house opened, lights of different colors lit up, balloons all over the living room, party poppers, music.

And inside a banner was placed, "Happy Birthday, Lea!"

She did not show any emotions. She did not cry nor smile.

Especially now that she caught in her eyes Aga, standing in front of her, holding a bouquet of red roses.

"Happy birthday, babes." he greeted her.

She looked at him. She tried her best not to cry but she wasn't able to stop herself.

And there, she shed tears she had been suppressing earlier.

Aga ran towards her to hug her.

But she pulled away and glared at him, "Thank you for remembering this day. I have already received the most freaking and great gift in the office."

Everyone's eyes squinted.

"What I want to do right now is rest. Sorry. Wala ako sa mood." she told them and went straight to her room.

"What happened?"

"Napano siya?"

"Kaninang umaga lang, she was fine."

Dawn sat down, "Ewan ko nga rin, eh. Biglang nag-ayang umuwi, nasa kalagitnaan kami ng tawanan sa office."

"Kaya tinext ko kayo kaagad, 'di ba? Para makapag-prepare kayo." Vice added.