More Angst

I wrote this earlier because I love grief and angst. And I've been stuck on Ray grieving Anna for some reason. So before I go to sleep...here you go!

----

When Ray woke up the next morning, Anna still wasn't home. He frowned and went into the living room. Picking the phone up he dialed her number.
" _The number you have dialed has been disconnected. Please hang up and try again_"
Ray frowned again. "That's weird..." He dialed in her sisters number this time. She picked up almost immediately.
"Ray," she said. "Hey. How are you?" She sounded strange, like she'd been crying.
"Uh, fine? Is everything okay? Anna didn't come home last night and her phones disconnected."
She was silent for a long time. "Oh...you don't...you don't know...?"
"Know what?"
"I can't believe no one told you..."
"What do you mean?" Ray was starting to get worried now.
"Ray...I'm so sorry...Anna....she's dead...She was murdered last night..."
Ray almost dropped the phone. He suddenly felt like he might be sick. Was the room spinning?
"Ray?"
He blinked."Yeah...uh...I think I need a minute..."
"Yeah...I'll call you later..."
Ray didn't respond to that. He just hung up the phone and sat down before his knees could give out. Anna was dead? The love of his life was gone. Three weeks before their wedding. He couldn't remember exactly but he thought he might've been shaking. Probably crying too. It was a blur. How could this have happened? The only one he'd ever loved, the only one he'd probably ever love, was gone, ripped away from him by some jerk with disregard for human life. It wasn't fair.