Mother's Day 2.0 LK Addition

The concept of Mother's Day was quite bizarre for Ethan Rory-Palmer.  See, he didn't have a mother. He had two dads. And that was normal. Mothers were weird and unnecessary.

At least, to him anyway. He'd never even considered what it might like to have a mother before. He didn't lose sleep wondering why his parents were so much different than everyone else's. To him, everyone else was weird. Not the other way around.

So, when the Legend Kids gathered in the Snarts' backyard Ethan was very confused, when everyone started talking about this weird shit called Mother's Day.

Laurel slouched lazily in her chair, sighing boredly. "So, what are y'all doing for Mother's Day?" she asked. "I have literally no clue what to do, and it's in two days."

"Yeah, I mean...what are we supposed to get a woman who can get whatever she wants, anyway?" Kaleb added.

Ryan shrugged. "My dad gave me money to take her to this fancy restaurant place."

"That sounds nice," Catriona said. "My mom and I are staying in. We're just gonna do some bonding over some nerd crap you probably don't care about."

"You're right. We don't," JJ said, making Catriona stick her tongue out at her. "Anyway, Brandon got Mom these cute little flowers, and I think she wants to go bowling or something..."

Ethan stared at them all, completely lost. "Okay?" he frowned. "What the hell are you guys talking about?"

Everyone turned to him, looking slightly concerned. As if this "Mother's Day" was something everyone was suppose to know about.

"...I guess you wouldn't know, would you?" Laurel said finally. Her tone wasn't rude. It was merely an observation. Ethan didn't have a mother, and - therefore - there was no need for him to have a Mother's Day.

"It's basically like a Father's Day," Ryan explained. "But, like, for your mother."

Ethan frowned, just barely grasping the concept. It was completely foreign and new to him. He didn't like it. It was weird.

Ben shrugged. "Well, my mom and I are at odds about my gender identity, so I'm not going to be doing anything either," they said. "We can chill at my place, since these losers will be busy."

"I'm sorry the cool kids can't be at your beg and call all the time!" JJ said dramatically. "We have lives outside of you two!"

"Wait. Now, I'm really confused," Ethan said. "Since when are you guys cool?"

Laurel jumped up. "You wanna go, smart guy??"

"Nah. I'm good," Ethan said. "I'd rather not get on your parents' bad sides."

"Good plan," Kaleb nodded.

"Whatever," Catriona said. "I'm hungry. Let's order Big Bell Burgers."

"That is also a good plan," Kaleb said. And the seven teenagers ran inside, five of them plotting special surprises for their mothers. The others just stuffed their faces with unhealthy food in a disconnected manner.

~

A/N: And that's the Mother's Day one shot! Short, I know....but at least it's something! Hope you enjoyed! Have fun with your mothers, if you have one or two or more in your lives.

Signing off now. See you all after school let's out. Love ya. Kiss. Kiss.