Alternative Ending to Independence Day

A while back I did a 4th special with the Legends and Rip and their kids. flarrow444 has requested an alternate ending for that one shot! And since it's October, I thought "Why not make it a Halloween special also?" So...here it is! Enjoy! (Ps. It might be a bit short.)

------

Revenge really was sweet indeed. Last year, the Legends had taken Rip and his daughter to a horribly dreadful event known as Fourth of July.

As a result, Rip decided to take them some place equally horrible. To get back at them.

This place was known as ... a haunted house! Rip had found the place through an online mapping site, because that's where all the best places were found. It was located in Gotham City, so of course it was the worst kind of scary.

Gotham's haunted house didn't just have those cheep lights and fake spider webs. They had terrifying creatures and monsters. Hell, even on a normal day the city was a freak show. And that's exactly what made this place so perfect for Rip's revenge scheme.

It was an old house on top of a hill, dead grass under its flimsy structure

It was an old house on top of a hill, dead grass under its flimsy structure. Leave-less trees were barely rooted in the ground. In the yard, several Halloween decorations were placed -- skulls, scarecrows, fake tombstones, even a giant Jack-o-lantern.

The Legends and their kids landed the Waverider in front of the house, before walking out for their scary adventure.

The Legend Kids were dressed up in costumes, and the Legends were dressed in their battle suits. (Which was as close to costumes as they could get.)

Laurel and Kaleb were dressed in adorable bacon and eggs costumes.

JJ wore a zombie costume, and Catriona wore a pirate costume.

Ben and Ethan were dressed as Han Solo and Chewbacca from Star Wars.

Ryan was dressed as Count Dracula, and Ellie Jo was dressed as Mavis. (From Hotel Transylvania.)

"Okay, kids, first one to make it through the house without screaming gets the candy!" Sara told the Legend Kids.

"We got it!" Laurel cheered. She grabbed her brother's hand and they charged into the haunted house.

"Charge!" The other Legend Kids ran after the twins, as if they were small children.

The Legends followed, completely convinced that nothing could scare them. After all they had lived through some of the most scary situations known to man.

But when they got inside, they soon realized the house was more terrifying than they had thought.

There was the usual stuff -- people jumping out, screaming, scary costumes of monsters and ghosts. There were dead bodies (they looked pretty real, but Sara was sure that they were fake.)

Everyone was laughing, having a good time, with just minor jump scares...when suddenly, they were all sprayed with fear gas.

They all screamed, horrified. It was the most terrifying thing they had ever experienced. Even worse than immortal psychopaths, more terrible than the Spear of Destiny, and much more horrible than the demons they had faced.

And that was how Rip got his revenge. Yes, it really was sweet indeed.

---------

Tada! Sorry it was short and kind of effortless but...I didn't exactly know how to do it, you know, good. Hope you enjoyed anyway! I have four more requests to do so yay!

That's all for now,

Toodles!

~ Elsie