Let it Go Song Fic

Not Legends of Tomorrow but whatever. I didn't want to go to bed angry so...

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation
And it looks like I'm the queen

Caitlin Snow had never been a particularly open person. Due to several cases of bullying in her childhood, she had learnt to keep herself closed off in order to protect herself, should anyone try to ever attack her emotionally or physically ever again.

She was the queen of a kingdom of isolation. No one seemed to care much. They just thought she was a huge bitch. But with everything she'd been through, the bullying, getting kidnapped more than once, losing the love of her life not once but twice....how could she not be?

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried

For the past several weeks, Catlin had been struggling with her new meta human abilities. She tried her best to contain them, to keep them secret from the rest of the team. She even took Cisco's meta human cuffs to try and block them. But she couldn't do it. She wasn't strong enough to keep herself from going full on Killer Frost. She'd almost killed her friends. The only reason she hadn't was because Barry had somehow managed to talk some sense into her.

Barry Allen. He was such a good friend. She still wondered what she could have possibly done to deserve his friendship. And Cisco too, even as she was still mad at him for telling the team about her abilities...his intentions were good. He was a good friend.

Caitlin sighed and looked out the window, watching the wind howl and toss around the snow outside. She couldn't help but to feel as though this was a real life replication of what she was feeling inside. She just felt so much rage and hatred and hurt. Everything sucked right now. She hardly even knew her own identity anymore.

Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know

Caitlin thought back to before the team knew. She had thought hiding it would be better for everyone. That it would somehow keep them safer. Happier.

Killer Frost was cold, murderous. Caitlin Snow was kind, generous. She was a good girl. Weak, but good. She had to be. She always had to be.

Since losing Ronnie the first time, she'd always concealed her feelings. Maybe she would be less likely to get hurt if she just closed herself off completely. And considering her powers...Well if she stayed closed off than maybe she wouldn't hurt anyone else either. It was best for everyone if they didn't find out.

Well, now they know
Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go

But of course Cisco had decided otherwise and told the entire team, before she was ready to share that knowledge with them. So, now they knew and there wasn't anything she could do about it.

And, she supposed, that's partly why Killer Frost took over for a while. She was just so done with everything. Life. People. Metas. And so she just let the cold,  monstrous beast take control of her body without any regard for any one else. She regretted it now, of course, but at the time she really didn't care.

Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway