When Finding out About Your Kid's Significant Other Do Not Offer Them a Condom

If Lily was being honest, she was a little surprised, when her daughter told her she was dating Ethan Rory-Palmer. Not that she minded. Ethan was a very nice boy. Lily had known his fathers long before either of the teens were born.

Ray Palmer was the kindest soul on the face of the planet. He'd even went so far as to sacrifice his own life for billions of people he didn't even know.

Mick Rory was a little rough around the edges, but it was still very loyal to those he cared about. Even if he was a theif and an arsonist, Lily would trust him with her life.

So, she knew for a fact that Ethan would treat her daughter the way a gal ought to be treated. It was just rather surprising, because Lily had always thought the two had hated each other. (Though, looking back she realized now that their arguments had been more flirtatious than anything, even if the teens hadn't realized it themselves.)

They'd told their parents together. It happened one night, when the Steins and the Rory-Palmers were having dinner together.

Everything was nice and slow, a lot of small talk. Suddenly, the two teens shifted awkwardly. Clearly, they were wanting to speak.

"What's wrong?" Lily asked, when her curiosity got the better of her.

The teens exchanged a look. Simultaneously, they took a deep breath. Catriona spoke first.

"We have something to tell you," she said. "It's probably not a big deal, but people usually tell their families right?"

"....You're pregnant aren't you?" Mick said.

"Wha - no! Dad!" Ethan stuttered. Both the teens blushed furiously, and Lily choked on her drink.

"We're dating," Ethan said after a moment.

"Yeah," Catriona nodded. "Absolutely nothing sexual!"

"Oh," Lily said, sighing in relief. "That's great!" She smiled. "I'm happy for you. The both of you."

Catriona smiled back. It was a sweet moment, between mother and daughter. The two were, very briefly, on the same page about everything in life. Nothing could ruin the moment...Until Mick decided to throw a condom onto the table.

"Just in case," he said.

"Daaaaaaaaad!!" Ethan whined. Catriona blushed, her face going as red as a tomato. Lily chuckled lightly, giving Mick a thumbs up. What? It was a parent's job to mercilessly embaress their children!

Just a short little one shot I've been meaning to get out forever. Hopefully you enjoyed it even though it was rushed and admittedly not my best work.