Thanksgiving Day 2018

So, I thought I'd do a special holiday one shot with my newest OC Deserey (Dez)  and the Legends! If you wanna check out her story after reading this (assuming you haven't already seen it) I'll drop the cover in the AN down below, so it's easier to find. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy, and happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans out there!

------

Sara woke to the sound of clanking and cursing. Instantly, her assassin instincts kicked in. She jumped up, grabbing her knife, leaning against the wall sneakily. Sara slowly crept into the hallway, moving at a snails pace, careful not to get caught.

She tip toed down the hall, clutching her weapon, her jaw clenched tightly with anticipation. But when the assassin turned the corner into the galley, she was not met with a threatening intruder. Instead, she came face to face with two of her new team mates -- Ray Palmer and Deserey Dunet.

Sara relaxed, sighing heavily. "What are you two doing?" she asked, lowering her knife. "It's five in the morning!" She paused for a second. "Or at least by the Waverider's standards."

Dez grinned sheepishly at the assassin, two pans in her hands. "Sorry," she whispered. "Did we wake you?"

"Kinda, yeah," Sara said. She took in all the crap the two had dug out. There were pots sitting over the oven, boiling water inside, cooking noodles. On the counter, a large bowl was placed, some sort of cream smooshed inside and a mixing spoon laying next to it. A pan of rolls was layed off to the side, along with a small pot of green beans and corn. The assassin frowned at the sight. What the hell was all this?

"Oh! And to answer your question...We're making dinner," Ray said, grinning brightly.

"Dinner?" Sara asked, a little annoyed. "Ray, I just said it was five in the morning!"

"I know," he said. "But the turkey takes forever to bake, so we figured we'd get a head start."

Sara glanced back over at the oven. She hadn't noticed before, but there was a big, fat turkey cooking in the bottom shelf. Sara opened her mouth to speak, but before she could the captain was heard whining down the hallway. Evidently Ray and Deserey had woken him up as well.

"What the bloody hell is going on in here?" Rip asked, exasperated.

"Thanksgiving!" Deserey grinned. "I'm making brownies. Ray's making the pies. The turkey will be done in, uh, eight hours."

Rip blinked. "Thanksgiving?"

Dez smacked herself on the forehead. "Why do I keep forgetting you're British?" She turned to captain, a big smile on her face. "Well, you're team is full of a bunch of Americans, so now you get to experience your first Thanksgiving! Get ready to eat more than you have ever eaten before. Because that's the American way."

"...You have a whole day just dedicated to eating food?" Rip asked skeptically. Of course he had heard of Thanksgiving before, even if he had never celebrated it himself. He didn't live under a rock! Still, it sounded strange, the way she'd worded it.

"Well, technically it's to celebrate the pilgrims and Native Americans coming together," Ray said. "But the food's good too."

Mick, Leonard, and the two halves of Firestone came into the room next. The arsonist looked around, suspicious. "Why do I smell a Turkey?" he asked.

"Cause we're cooking one," Deserey told him. "Here help me butter these pans." She passed Mick and Jax a pan each, before taking a third for herself and placing the butter bucket between them. "Sara, Len, Rip, Professor, you can help Ray with the pies. Oh! And I just remembered we have cookie dough and cake mix too, so you can make that also."