Never the Same Again

Gwen and Luna use to be best friends. They shared everything: secrets, adventures, punishments when they got into trouble. They were practically glued together! Now they were rivals at best. They never did anything together. They didn’t sit together at lunch, they didn’t talk or text anymore. Hell, they didn’t so much as like each others posts on Tumblr.

On the rare occasion when they passed each other in the schools hallways, they only sent glares at the other. (That is if they even glanced at each other at all.) Nothing was the same as it use to be. Not since that accident that had caused Sara Lance to disappear. Not since Luna had started blaming Gwen for her disappearance. (It didn’t help that it really had been her fault.)

Gwen wanted to scream. She wanted to yank her hair out and cry and throw things and scream some more until her voice gave out and her lungs collapsed. It all hurt so damn much. Most days she couldn’t get up, couldn’t move. All she could think was, This, everything, is all my fault.

And it was. She should have been better. Should have fought harder, paid more attention when her father was teaching her magic. Because he knew someday she’d make a mistake like this. She should have known too… maybe deep down she had. Gwen sighed. She was an idiot. A big stupid idiot who’d cost her best friend her mother, and now Luna hated her. (Maybe she kind of hated herself too.)

But it didn’t matter. It couldn’t be fixed. Nothing could. It was horribly broken, and there wasn’t anything she could do. And that sucked. Everything sucked.

Crying was pointless, but she still found herself doing it nearly every night. She couldn’t help it. It all hurt so much…

Gwen wished things could go back to normal…but that was never going to happen. Things were too broken now. It could never go back to the way it use to be. She and Luna would never share laughs again. They’d never joke around or punch someone’s lights out for the other when they stepped out of line. They wouldn’t go to the food court just to see the strange varieties of people that showed up at the mall. They wouldn’t spend time at each others houses….None of it. It was all over. Forever…

Kinda short and I’m not sure I captured the emotions well enough but…eh 🤷🏻

I’ve been dealing with something similar to Gwen here in my personal life, and it’s been…well, it’s been Hell to say the least. So, I wrote this to sort of work out my feelings I guess? And  call me red arrow (or something. sorry if i got it wrong. watty wont let me tag so whatever i dont care anymore as you can see from the lack of grammar. Im struggling ugh!) requested something with the ALK forever ago so…why not kill two birds with one stone, yeah?

Heh. Anyways…

(And im not even feeling this sign off any more right now

(And im not even feeling this sign off any more right now...)

)