6 - Uncles and Scott Eastwood

After sleeping in Dad's cab for roughly two hours, I went out into the main area of the new base. I swear for being a soldier Dad sleeps like a fucking rock. I had managed to make it not only out of the cab but out on to the floor in a face plant. The hell?

I shook my head and noticed that Optimus and Ratchet were standing over by the computers watching me get out of the truck. I smiled and they chuckled slightly before silencing themselves as to not wake the others.

"So, what are you guys doing up so early?" I asked while going to sit on the railing higher up.

"We play key roles on the team, therefore we recharge only a certain amount of time to be more alert should there be a need," Optimus answered while Ratchet nodded in agreement.

"That takes some commitment." I joked. "So what are you guys going to do today?"

"Ratchet is going to keep setting up the computer equipment and the others will help him. Then I'll go out and scout with Bumblebee." Optimus said and gestured to said scout that just walked in. They had all been given what they call berthrooms, or bedrooms. That's where they sleep and keep their personal equipment.

"What about me?" Bee asked while yawning.

"We're going scouting in fifteen minutes. Be ready in ten." Optimus ordered and Bee groaned.

"Hi, Bee!" I shouted to get his attention.

"Hi (y/n). How are you?" He asked after noticing me on the human platform.

"I'm good. You ready to scout?" I asked with a laugh. Bee groaned and nodded his head reluctantly.

"As ready as I'll ever be. What are we scouting for anyways?" He asked Optimus.

"We are looking for energon." He stated and I shot up.

"There's no need for that. We have pleeeennnnty of energon at the base. Trust me." I said cockily.

"Stop being a nuisance. It's not exactly like they knew that before you told them you know." My Dad said after he had woken up and transformed.

"I know I'm just happy that they don't have to basically starve while they're here," I said. "Hey, don't we have to go to the Diego-Garcia base today?" Dad nodded and said, "yeah we do, but we also have to deal with Mearing."

"Awwwwww, dude can't we just get a new director. I don't like her." I groaned. "Can we at least take Optimus and Bumblebee if they want to come?"

"Yes they can come, but only if they want to." He said and looked at the two of them.

"We would enjoy coming with you two. Since we no longer have to scout for energon, there is nothing else to do." Optimus said with a small smile.

"Yesh, let's go man I want to go see Uncle Lennox and the guys. Plus we get to introduce the newbies." I say with excitement. Dad chuckles and transforms.

"Get in. Optimus and Bee, you can just follow us." He said and I hopped in the passenger's seat. His holoform popped in the driver's seat.

"Wait, they don't have holoforms," I said and Dad hummed. "Well I mean we don't have the internet for nothing. They can just scan someone from there."

"Ironhide to Optimus and Bumblebee. You two need to adapt holoforms. Earth has the internet and you guys can choose a form to your liking from there." He commed to them.

"Understood. Is there any preference as to make us not stand out?" Optimus asked.

"Pick someone good looking or someone that portrays yourself," I said. We drove out of the Autobot base and headed towards Diego-Garcia in Washington.