29 - Revelation

It's been three damn hours. Bee, Ranger, and Sam left a while ago and have yet to come back. Optimus and Sentinel have been gone the whole time, Primus knows where they went. The only thing I've done is practice healing and shifting. I've actually come quite far with my healing, it works on humans now. Plus, now it looks kind of like circuitry instead of a bunch of dots.

Over the time they've been gone, Gryphon has also told me that she feels wrong about Sentinel

Over the time they've been gone, Gryphon has also told me that she feels wrong about Sentinel. If something happens to my mate I can't guarantee that people will come out alive if Gryphon comes out. I sat in the barracks staring at nothing as the bots walked around aimlessly. We were waiting for someone to come back, anyone really. That's when Mearing came charging in with Uncle Will and they looked panicked?

"Round em' up. We've got Sentinel inbound and he needs protection, the Decepticons can't get their hands on him no matter what. Sam found a bunch of bad shit that got covered up and shit's about to hit the fan. Sentinel's ETA is ten minutes and Optimus is ten behind him." Uncle Will explained.

"We'll form a perimeter. Tell yours to stay back, if we get ambushed we don't need soft targets front and center." Dad spoke and Uncle Will nodded before walking off to give orders. The two knew each other as if they were actually brothers, that's why he's my uncle. The bots and I headed out and stationed ourselves around the base. Dad and I stood guard at the main hangar entrance waiting for Sentinel. I could feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up as I got the chills. This is what I felt earlier, it's going to happen. The fire truck in the distance closed in quickly and Sentinel transformed. Bumblebee rolled up and Sam hopped out along with Ranger.

"We gotta protect Sentinel, he's the key." He said.

"Okay, Ironhide stay on Sentinel." Uncle Will said and Dad confirmed it. Sentinel turned around and I felt time slow around me. I quickly transformed into my bipedal mode and ran towards him as he reached for his gun. I realized halfway to him that I couldn't tackle him, but there was an alternative. I stepped between Dad and Sentinel and took the blast to my abdomen. Time sped up again and I could feel my armor falling to pieces. My body collapsed and Dad was at my side telling me to hold on. I smiled at him and spoke to him through the bond.

"I'll be alright Dad, I promise. Just stay strong for me and tell Optimus I'll be back." I finished and he broke. The light faded from my eyes and I felt my consciousness filter out of my bipedal form that is now a heap of rust. My vision went black and I let myself pass.

When I opened my eyes, I was met with the ancient white building I've come to call my second home. I was in the sick bay again and all the Primes were there with amused looks on their faces.

"You know, you didn't have to be so dramatic." Prima chuckled. I shrugged with a grin and hopped off of the bed. "Are you glad that we convinced you to focus on Triptyching now?"

I nodded and hugged his ped, grateful that they warned me. When everyone was gone, I fell asleep and I'm really glad I did. Prima and the others finally got the chance to tell me about Sentinel's malicious intent. I started practicing Triptyching a couple weeks ago and it came in handy today. Basically when I fell asleep earlier, I never really woke up. I remotely controlled my physical body I guess you could say. My soul copied itself and took the hit for me. The physical aspect is a little more complicated. As long as the rusted pile of my body stays relatively close together, my body should reform. My werewolf healing has a major role in that as well as my healing ability.