27 - Shit Storms

The night after we got back from Chernobyl was a shit storm, to say the least. Optimus wouldn't talk to anyone, not even me. Mearing will be back from the White House today and I have a feeling in my gut that it won't go well at all once she is. Or maybe I'm just hungry? I'm not sure, I haven't eaten since yesterday's breakfast. Besides that, Optimus hasn't even transformed since yesterday. Primus knows he's going to be cranky when he does. When we got back, I had given the object to my Uncle Will. I knew he would understand and kept it on the down-low until we figured out what to do and what Mearing would do. Right now I'm sitting on the ground in front of my mate in my wolf form. Gryphon was being needy and needed to be close to him today. I got impatient and stepped closer to him, I whimpered a little and my muzzle bumped his grill. The thing that has really hurt is that he cut off our bond so I can't feel or talk to him. Even Gryphon was hurt. I got no reaction out of him so I gave up and walked away. Eventually, I went looking for Bee and Ranger. I found them hanging out in Bee's quarters. I bumped my muzzle against the door and it made a clanking noise-like knock. Bee opened his door and looked at me weird, but he realized why I was there. He let me in and Ranger walked over to me.

"What's wrong?" He asked me through the pack bond. I shrugged and walked over to Ranger's cot and curled up on it.

:Is it Optimus?: Bee asked in cybertronian and I nodded. :What happened when you guys left?: I sighed and shifted into my human form.

"We both went on a mission together and we found something that pissed him off to no end. He won't talk to anyone, he won't transform, and most of all he cut off our bond." I answered him and he gasped.

:Really?: He said and I nodded again, still curled up in a ball. I heard Bee transform and two sets of arms wrapped around me. After the two mates stopped hugging me, we all laid on the cot and talked for a while. They had marked each other already and I gushed over that for a while. That's when we heard a loud knock at the door. Bee's holoform dispersed and he ran to open the door. My Dad was on the other side and he looked worried.

"Mearing is here, we need both of you there just in case." He said to me and Bee. Bee came over to me and Ranger and offered us both his hands. We stepped into them and Bee handed me to my Dad.

"Did you get anything out of him last night?" Dad asked me and I shook my head no.

"He even cut off our bond." I sulked and he tensed.

"Geez, it must be really bad. He never gets this mad." He said. I shrugged and turned to look at Mearing as we got to the main hangar. Dad set me down next to Optimus and I inched away a little towards my Dad.

"He no talk to anybody today," Dino told her and she lifted an eyebrow.

"What is this, the silent treatment?" She said smugly.

"I've seen that personally, this is much worse." My Dad answered as he walked closer to my mate. "Prime, make something of yourself!"

My Dad hit Optimus' top and he transformed with hisses of steam rising from him. He finished and slammed his fist on the ground next to Mearing.

"We have shared all our knowledge with you and you said you would do the same. So why was this found in human custody?!" He demanded and I stepped back even further.

"We were in the dark about this as well. Director only clearance at Sector 7 until now. Meet two of NASA's founding mission directors and astronaut Dr. Buzz Aldrin." Mearing introduced and I watched as they interacted. Optimus seemed to have calmed down significantly so I came to the conclusion that I was no longer needed. Quietly, I stepped away from everyone and went outside. As I walked out to the airfield, I could feel my self-worth seep away with each step. I really wish I didn't do this to myself but a lot of the time I can't control it. Being left alone with my thoughts was dangerous. It was like drowning in sand, you can move the sand out of the way but more comes to replace it and you're still drowning. I walked out to the plane hangars and climbed up into an F-35. I curled up in the cockpit and just laid there for a while. No one would look for me there besides my Dad. He's the only one who knows why I'd go there.