21 - Loss

Optimus and I sat at in the middle of the woods in our bipedal forms. We were thinking of what was to come and how we should go about doing some things. Sam had gone off to college and Bumblebee went 'with' him as his guardian. Smokescreen had become Raf's guardian and they were getting along really well. Smokey has really matured because of Raf and they have pretty much become family. When I blacked out before, Megatron had died because Sam shoved the allspark in his chest so that was new to me. Apparently the Decepticons found a shard of it and revived Megatron a little before the asshole captured me. Optimus is going on a mission tomorrow in China to check out some activity over there. Something tells me it's not gonna bring any good news, but hey what do I know. It was getting dark again since Optimus and I had been out all day so I turned to look at him. He was laying on his back with his eyes closed and his arms behind his helm.

"What's wrong?" I nudged him. He opened his eyes and turned his helm to look at me.

"I have a weird feeling about this new mission. I bet it's nothing, no need to worry. It's dark, let's go back." He said in a rush and I just brushed it off. If he didn't want to talk about it then that's fine. I won't ever push him unless it's important.

"Alright" I mumbled and we both transformed. My engine hummed as I waited for him to take the lead. He sat there for a minute, almost hesitating before he drove back through the woods and to the road. He definitely didn't feel right and I felt bad. I wish I could go with him but I'm needed for debriefing at Diego Garcia. Driving down the road made me want to fall asleep but I stayed awake so I wouldn't crash.

We got to the house and I transformed back into a human while Optimus activated his holoform. My Dad was passed out on the couch and I smiled to myself. Walking over to him I pick him up and carry him to his room. I dropped him on the bed and covered him in a blanket before turning off the lights and leaving the room. Optimus had already gone upstairs and hadn't bothered to help me close up the house which is really weird.

After I finished locking and turning everything off I trudged up the stairs to our room. The lights were off and Optimus was already on the bed asleep. I let it go, he must be tired. I decided fuck it, I don't want to change so I just slept in my underwear and bra. Why not? I slipped into bed with him and got situated before closing my eyes. Optimus absentmindedly put him arm around my waist and pulled me to him. I chuckled and let sleep take me.

~Time Skip~
I woke up and Optimus was gone. I figured he was out in the mission already and got out of bed. Once I stood up I noticed I was wearing a shirt. The fuck? I didn't wear one to bed. That's when I saw a shirtless Optimus walk out of the bathroom. My knees said fuck you and decided to take the day off as I almost face planted. I caught myself on the bed and Optimus started laughing.

"You alright?" He said with a small smile as he came around the bed. I gave him a thumbs up and pulled myself up off the ground. He shook his head and his smile disappeared into the look he had last night. I sighed and walked behind him. My hands found their way to his shoulders and I massaged them. He stiffened before he relaxed and let out a groan. Damn, alright then. I pushed him to lay on the bed stomach down. Sitting on his waist, I continued to rub his shoulders and down his back. He went gelatinous and I knew I got the right spot. Rolling over, I flopped onto the floor and pulled him off of the bed.

"Come on, you're gonna be late." I grunted and he got up. He stopped me before I could walk away and pulled me into a kiss, sparks shooting in between us. We pulled back and he smirked a little.

"I'll see you tonight." He said and nuzzled his face in my neck. I nuzzled him back and he hugged me. He pulled back and another shirt materialized as he walked out the door. I got dressed in a pair of jeans, my Fox Racing shirt, the jacket from the Primes, and a pair of Nikes. Running down the stairs I ran into Dad. We both got knocked on our asses.

"Geez child, slow down." Dad grunted.

"Sorry sorry. I have to get to Diego Garcia before Mearing has my ass." I spit out before clambering up from the floor and sprinting out to the Maserati. I put it in gear and back out of the driveway. I didn't feel like showing off my Guard form again for the third day in a row so I drove the GranTurismo instead. Since we lived so far out in the country, I went about 100 all the way to the base and it was awesome. Nothing besides being with Optimus was better than the feeling of driving a manual transmission at 100 mph. It's amazing.

~Time Skip~
When I got to the base earlier, Mearing was on my ass almost immediately. 'Why the hell are you late!' blah blah blah. I just followed her to her office where I answered a bunch of questions. After that hell I was told to go tell my friends what the hell was going on because Ranger was pissed off and hadn't let anyone near them since they got here.

I walked up to their door and knocked. I got no answer so I went in to see Ranger in the middle of the room with Spencer and Maddox in the corner. They were just talking but when they saw me they jumped onto their feet. Ranger looked up at me and let me enter the room. He had a spell binding the room to only them and the people he let in.

"Oh my god are you alright?!" Spencer screeched and we all covered our ears. "Sorry, but where the hell have you been. It's been a week and a half!!"

"I'm sorry, it's been a bit hectic." I signed and I was crushed by three different people. I smiled and they sat on top of me.

"So, you gonna tell us where you went?" Maddox asked and Ranger nodded.

"I got captured. Tortured. Saved. Pretty much end of story." I sign and their faces turn to shock. They climbed off of me and we all sat up.

"We're so sorry. We could have helped you." Ranger signed. I put my hand on his shoulder in assurance.

"Nothing could have been done. Not against these beings." I sign and they look at me with confused faces. I sigh and begin the Optimus speech as I like to call it.

~Time Skip Again~
"...and that's my whole life plus my heritage." I finish and they look at me in awe.

"Dude, you're fucking awesome." Maddox deadpanned. I smiled and stood up from the ground. I stretched my back and stopped halfway through. A sharp pain like none I've ever felt shot through my chest. My knees collapsed and I fell to the ground clutching my chest. Spencer, Maddox, and Ranger rushed over to me and kept asking if I was okay. Spencer ran into the hall and I heard her scream "someone get in here!"

"Hey, stay still someone is coming." Maddox said as Ranger pulled me to him and coddled me against his chest. He rocked me back and forth and it seemed to help the pain. Jolt's holoform sprinted into the room and slid to a stop next to me. He took me from Ranger and sprinted down the hall to the med bay. Once he got there he put me on a berth and stuck me with a syringe. I began to see black spots and fell unconscious.

Something was wrong, very very wrong.