10 - Finally!

November 24th

Geez, it's taken forever to turn eighteen. I've waited for a long time to be an adult. Waiting to find my mate as well.

"Good morning my new adult child," Dad said and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Morning" I smiled.

"What would you like to do today? You get to choose anything you want." He said and I grinned.

"I wanna go see the guys! Miko said if I didn't show up this morning she'd kill me." I laughed.

"That girl is scary when she wants to be" He shivered.

"Agreed. Now come on let's go to the base." I say and jump off the bed.

"Slow down. I still have a present to give you." Dad handed me a wrapped box about the size of my palm. I opened it and saw a thick pentagon shaped metal plate.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Stand up and press the middle." He said and I stood up. I pressed the middle and the whole thing came apart and wrapped around my body. A HUD (Heads Up Display) appeared and I had three options.

 A HUD (Heads Up Display) appeared and I had three options

I decided to go with (Armor Choice). The suit morphed and turned into the armor I chose.

"Holy shit this is so cool! How did you get this?" I asked.

Dad laughed and said, "I made it. I've had nothing to do lately so I thought I'd make you this."

"Thank you so much, Dad. I love it!" I yell in excitement.

"I'm glad. Now that can be folded back up and be stored in your pocket. That means I expect you to have it on you at all times. Got it?" Dad asked and I nodded.

"Alright, let's get going." He says as he gets up.

"Sweet!" I fist bump the air.

We opened up the ground bridge and walked through to the other side. That's when I smelt it. My mate is here. I sniffed the air and it smelled like metal, gas, and a hint of leather. It was amazing. I tried not to freak out so I kept it under the radar. I don't want to tell Dad quite yet because we just got here.

"Happy Birthday!!" Everyone yelled as we got to the middle of the base.

"Aww, thanks guys," I said and signed simultaneously.

"You're welcome! We wanted to make this birthday a special one. Not only are you an adult, but you've made a bunch of new friends and gained new family members." Dad said from beside me.

"I couldn't wish for anything better," I say and sign. I mean I totally could wish for something better, but that'll come later.

"Let's party!!!!" Miko yelled.

~Time Skip~

"I'll be back in a little bit," I say to Dad and walk down a different hall. I was tracing the smell of my mate.