39 - Wake Up Call

"Hey! Wake up!" A voice yelled and I felt a wet thing slide across my face. I instantly recognized what it was and cracked one bright blue eye open. I cocked an eyebrow as I looked at the giant Alpha Wolf standing over top of me.

"Thanks for waking me up," I said sarcastically.

"You're welcome," Gryphon said with a wolfish grin. "Now come on our bond is fixed with Optimus and he wants to talk with you. I'm pretty sure Dad told him about our plan and he's a bit curious."

"Oh yeah? How did Ratchet do?" I asked.

"He did great. Adapted really well to motor function and reflexes. Dad was impressed compared to when I surfaced for the first time." She said with a chuckle.

"Not hard to beat. I ended up with two black eyes and a broken nose that day." I said playfully.

"Shut up." She huffed but cracked a smile before jumping off of my chest and onto the floor. "Come on, get up."

"I'm coming." I yawned and stood up before walking out of my room behind her. "Are we awake?"

"No. We wanted to wait until you were up so you could surface. Ratchet and I are both tired. You know I don't surface often." Gryphon said with a yawn of her own.

"I know, and thank you. I really appreciate you guys letting me sleep." I said gratefully.

"No problem mi ọkàn." She said and bumped my leg with her muzzle. We walked into the main room and I scratched her behind the ears whilst walking.

"Morning Ratchet. How are you doing?" I asked. He turned around from where he was sitting on the couch and gave me a smile.

"I'm great. I have to say that living in a shared vessel is the oddest thing I've ever experienced. But I really like it." He said and I smiled.

"That's great. I'm going to surface and wake us up right now, but feel free to speak up if you feel like it." I said with a smile and disappeared to surface.

I opened my eyes to see that I was in my human form and laying in someone's cab. I studied the inside and recognized it was Optimus. I smiled and sank my head into the soft fabric of the bed. Gryphon must've transformed last night and Optimus decided to make me sleep in here. I sat up and stretched my arms above my head, sighing at the satisfying cracks it produced. A grey blanket fell off of my lap and landed on the floor silently. I stared at it for a moment and yawned. I twitched when I heard movement in the cab and lazily looked for the source. Optimus' holoform was sitting in the driver's seat with his head laid back against the headrest.

"Optimus?" I tried through the bond and he instantly twisted around to look at me. His eyes lit up and he gave me a smile. "Well, looks like you woke up on the right side of the bed this morning."

"You could say that. How did you sleep?" He asked.

"Good, I think. Gryphon let me sleep inside last night." I told him.

"Inside?" He questioned.

"Yeah, in the inner space. We have our own house and rooms to stay in when others are surfacing." I explained and he nodded.

"Interesting. I would like you to know that we are going to help get the seed from this Joshua Joyce before it kills all those people. Both you and Cade made compelling arguments and I realized I may have acted upon my emotions heavily. I can't let innocent people die, especially to Megatron." He sighed. I stood up and shuffled over to him before grabbing his arms and pulling him from the seat. I dragged him over to the bed and pushed him down on it before laying on top of him.