9 - OP's Bio Lesson

When I woke up this morning I was surprised that I hadn't woken up during the night

When I woke up this morning I was surprised that I hadn't woken up during the night. Usually, I have nightmares or weird ass dreams that wake me up in a cold sweat. But this time, that didn't happen. I still woke up at 4 AM, but that was the usual.

Another thing I noticed was that Optimus was still in his berth, asleep. I didn't want to wake him up by opening the door so I just sat in my cot and played on my phone.

After about an hour he woke up and scared the shit out of me again.

"Goodmorning (y/n)," Optimus says as he stretched out his arms.

"Morning," I say with a smile.

"Would you like to go out to the main room with me? You are welcome to stay in here as long as you want, I just thought I'd offer." He says.

"Sure I'll come with you," I say as I jump off the cot and walk over to his hand that's waiting on the ground for me. We walked into the main room to see the other bots walking in from their quarters.

"Goodmorning guys," I say with a smile.

"(Y/n)?!"

"Hi?" I wave awkwardly. "Did you guys not know I was here?"

"No, we had no idea. Optimus kept it to himself." Arcee with one eyebrow raised playfully towards Optimus. He set me down and put his battle mask on before walking off.

"The hell just happened?" I ask in confusion.

"He's still Orion at heart" Ratchet chuckles lightly while walking into the main area from the medbay.

"Do you think she's the one Ratchet?" Ultra Magnus asks and Ratchet smiles.

"I'm quite sure" he smiles and looks down at me.

"What in the perpetual fuck is going on?!" I ask.

"When's your birthday?" Arcee asks.

"Next week. Why does everyone keep asking me that?"

"You'll find out next week," Smokescreen says with a grin.

"Whatever. Hey, Ratchet can you open a groundbridge to my house real quick?" I ask. "I'll be right back I just want to grab something."

He opens the bridge and I run through and into the garage. I grab my backpack and helmet before walking the surprise through the bridge.

I roll through the bridge with my Triumph Daytona 675. It's matte black with a red sub-frame and a silver engine cover.

"Woah, nice ride." Wheeljack complemented.

"He's my baby. I was wondering if you guys wanted to race." I grin widely. "Who wants to go?"

Smokescreen, Bee, Wheeljack, and Arcee all raised their hands.

"This is going to be awesome!" I say excitedly.

"What are you all doing?" Optimus asks as he walks back into the room without his battle mask.

"We're gonna race outside wanna watch?" I ask.

"As long as we don't attract other humans." Optimus agrees and we all drive out of the base.

I grab my helmet and put it on then get on my bike. The racers all line up at a line we made in the dirt.

"Everybody ready?" Bulkhead asks. We all give a yes and he yells 'go!'

We take off and the others watch as we kick up dust everywhere. Wheeljack was lagging behind. Bumblebee and Smokescreen we're keeping up, but Arcee and I were neck and neck. I shifted into a higher gear and took off leaving the others in the dust. As I neared the finish line I grabbed the brakes hard, lifting the back wheel off the ground and coming to a stop over the line. The others came to a stop right behind me.

"Geez, that thing goes really fast!" Smokescreen gushed.

"You kicked our afts," Arcee said with a smile.

"Yep. This baby's got top of the line everything." I commented.

"That was very impressive (y/n), where did you learn to drive so well?" Optimus asked me.

"Dad taught me a while back. He thought it was necessary that I know how to get myself out of certain situations. We've had some bad luck in the past." I said in a shy voice.

"I see. That was very smart of him, but I won't bring up the topic anymore." He said.

"It's good Optimus. It just brings up some bad memories, but hey, it's nothing I can't handle." I grin. Just then I felt a cramp in my abdomen.

"Fuckin' bloody hell!" I curse.

"What? What's wrong?!" They all started to freak out.

"Sorry, but I need to head home. There's something I need to take care of." I say and we drive back into the base.

"Are you sure you're alright? Should I come with you just in case?" Optimus asked me worriedly.

"I mean, you can come if you want to. I don't mind." I say and Ratchet opens the ground bridge upon my request. Optimus appears in holoform next to me and we walk through.

"Ya see, I have a very weird anatomy. Being a hybrid isn't easy. I have a thing that happens to my body every month, and because I'm a Werewolf, it's a bit weird." I say and we walk into the house from the garage. Dad was sitting at the bar drinking a mix of coffee and energon.

"Sup Dad?" I ask.

"What're you doing back early." He retorted.

"Code blue," I say and he nods, instantly understanding.

"For a regular werewolf, once they become older or near mating age, they need to eat more, like, a lot more. Me, being a hybrid I have to eat a shit ton of energon. Which kind of sucks, but it works." I say and open the fridge where I have my separate stash for these cases.

"I only have to do this until next week, so it pays off in the long run," I mumble as I down a cube and a half.

"That's quite interesting. Why do you have to do this now and not before the first time you shifted?" Optimus asked.

"That's because when a Werewolf finds their mate, they are marked. This process takes a ton of energy from both mates and they change physically and mentally. The mark forms a bond between the mates and they share strength, smarts, and it creates a link, much like a sparkmate." I explain and he hums in awe.

"It is amazing how much different and similar our species are for being lightyears away from each other." He says and my Dad laughs.

"I tend not to take in the number part. It makes it more comprehensible." Dad says.

"True"