28 - Discoveries

Man, I've seen pictures of this place but in person, it's even cooler! I was glued to Optimus' window as we drove to the designated Autobot bay. It was a separate hangar that had room for them to park but nothing else. Fuckin discrimination. I stepped out and Optimus and my Dad's holoforms hopped out of their alts. This bay may make me mad but seeing the Xanthium off in the distance made me smile. It reminded me of what I was about to do. I held my armor disc on my hand and activated it. I only activated it because I forgot to change out of my pajamas and only realized it when we got through the bridge and Optimus pointed it out. I left my helmet off so I could feel the nice breeze outside. My Dad nudged me forward from my spot and we walked to the massive building in front of us. We got inside and there were humans everywhere. I freaked out and materialized my helmet. My Dad put a hand on my shoulder and told me to calm down. I looked at him with the unspoken question of "do I have to talk to these people" and he shook his head no. I thanked Primus and relaxed, I haven't really interacted with people in public ever since the bots got here and I took them to get their alt forms. After my MECH "encounter" when I was little, I'd been diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar depression, and severe social anxiety, not that I can talk anyways. I have kept that streak and I would like to continue it so I kind of ducked behind my Dad and mate. We walked over to talk to Mearing and she briefed us on what we can and can't do on the moon. Basically, we had to follow this pattern and stay on the dark side so the satellites can't pick up us or our footprints. And we have to stay away from the American flag. We were given the okay to go and we went back to the bay where we grabbed our equipment and headed toward the Xanthium. As soon as we loaded we strapped in and started our trip to the moon.

~Meanwhile~
~Ranger's POV~
"I'm going to kick your ass!" I cheered as I passed Bee in Mario Kart. He laughed maniacally with a giant smile before releasing a blue shell.

"No, you fuck!" I yelled as it hit me and he went cruising by, leaving me in second as he crossed the finish line. He laughed and laid back on the couch. I put my controller down and sat on him. He gasped and glared at me playfully. Bee grabbed me by the hips and pushed me off of him before his holoform disappeared. I heard the rev of an engine in the other room before he transformed and came in to pick me up. He took me out to the main hanger and was about to go to the barracks before a voice was heard over the radio in the base.

"Bee! Is Bee there?!" It yelled and Bee started to freak out. He set me down and said he'd be right back before taking off. Don't get me wrong, I understand that they're in the middle of a war, but what the hell? Who is so important that Bee is at their beg and call? I stood there in shock before walking over to the barracks. I sat down on my cot and grabbed my phone, wondering what (y/n) was doing. She sounded so excited last night when she texted me. Her texts consisted of "I'm really fucking excited," and "I really want to tell you but I can't, it's top secret XD." I swear even though she's eighteen, she acts like a ten-year-old. I thought about texting Maddox but was interrupted by lots of loud noises in the main hanger. I got up and slowly walked out, but all I saw was an angry man and a woman next to him. Bee stood off to the side and (y/n)'s uncle stood next to him. I could tell that Bee noticed I was there because he turned around and motioned for me to come over to him. I was still confused but did as he said and hopped on the hand he offered me. He set me on his shoulder and I got comfortable. The angry man finished going through security and stormed over to us.

"Was that really necessary?" He asked no one in particular and Colonel Lennox sighed.

"Yes, yes it was, according to our new director." He grumbled and the man looked up to me. His face changed to one of confusion and surprise instead of anger.

"Who's that?" He asked Bee while pointing at me. Bee looked at me and I could tell he was smiling.

:: This is my mate, Ranger. Ranger this is Sam, my charge and friend:: Bee answered and introduced us.