38 - Imbalance

"Oh shit!" Cade yelled. Missiles flew by and crashed into the ground around us. I weaved in between traffic and tried not to give Cade whiplash. One missile was too fast for me and hit my rear left tire, making me skid and transform. I jumped and I held Cade as I saw Optimus behind me in the same situation with Tessa and Shane. I crashed to the ground and braced as the oncoming traffic that couldn't stop in time smashed my back. I let go of Cade and pushed him off to the side of the road before going defensive. The silver semi tractor following us transformed and presented himself as 'Galvatron'. He went after Optimus and Tessa got caught in their fight. I ran over to them and pushed Galvatron off of Optimus before pinning him to the ground. I laughed him in the face a few times before he landed a hit on me and pushed me off. I landed on my back and tucked my knees to my chest before pushing myself back into my feet and tackling him again.

"Tessa-run!" I yelled and she ran off towards Cade and Shane farther back. I turned back to my opponent only to watch him dematerialize and form back on the road. He transformed and took off like a coward. At least that's what I thought until I felt something rip through my shoulder. I gasped and fell to my knees. I heard a thump next to me and saw Optimus stumble and fall to one knee.

"Lock-down." I rasped and Optimus nodded.

"I pity you Prime. Your attachment to these humans makes you weak. And your bond with this abomination is enough to make me sick." The bounty hunter insulted. I growled and tried to get up only for him to push me over with his foot and set his deadly hook against my neck. "I would kill you here but his creator wants him back and you with him."

"Why?" I choked out.

"I don't know, I just do as I'm told. You freak if nature." He spat at me. Lockdown made a hand gesture and a giant net fell on both my mate and I. As it was drawn into the air, our bodies were dragged across the ground and sparks flew everywhere. When it was finally in the air, both Optimus and I were crammed into the bottom of the net. Optimus shifted uncomfortably and looked down below us.

"Cade warn the Autobots!" He yelled and Cade nodded before sprinting back to the others and out of our sight.

"Why did you cut off our bond?" I heard Optimus ask.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"I can't feel you, the bond is shut." He said and I rose an eyebrow.

"I-thought-you-did. I-just-thought-it-was-like-last-time when-you-were-really-mad-at-Mearing. I-didn't-want-to-bring-it-up-because-I-didn't-want-to-make-it-worse." I replied and he was silent for a moment.

"You're not scared of me are you?" He asked.

"No-I-just-don't-want-you-to-feel-pressured-anymore-than-you-already-are-so-I-left-it." I said softly.

"Although our situation may not be one to be desired, this isn't something that should be taken lightly. After this, we need to have a serious talk." Optimus said and I nodded.

"Yeah-we-do," I responded and grunted when we landed harshly on the ground. Lockdown looked down at the both of us.

"What a pity." He said and hooked Optimus by the shoulder before dragging him to an escort and doing the same to me. The escort dragged us through his giant ship and to a large room with many cages.

"Do you recognize this ship Prime? Made for you Knights, you 'Great Crusaders'. I commandeered it. Now it's my personal prison." Lockdown said with pride.

"You have disgraced it." Optimus grimaced.

"I do what I'm told Prime. Like you were built to do. You think you were born? No, you were built and your creators want you back." Lockdown spat. "All these species mixing with species, upsetting the cosmic balance. They don't like it."